Not your Average afternoon!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fine mate I acknowledge that, it wont happen to me because of two things:
a) it didnt
b) I dont plan to keep vens and don't think I have the need to hold them it was just a one off.

The disclaimer is only because a few members got all upset, I didnt bother originally because of your point.

Everyone can have there own opinion thats fine, but when you start finding it funny that people are in intensive care, well thats just downright disturbing, if it was ever to happen to someone he knows, he will be regreting that comment.

I love APS!

You knew you'd get this reaction....people that have kept vens for years don't post pictures up of themselves holding them...you are giving Bob a bad name. I wonder how Bob would feel if he knew that a person that has never kept vens posted up his picture of himself holding them at Bob's house on the world wide web for all to see, you even mentioned his name.

you are a law student, you know by doing this that you aren't being smart, and adding your disclaimer later shows that as well.

The thing is our hobby needs all the help it can get, there are many parties and bodies that would like to outlaw the keeping of reptiles. If you had gotten bitten, you would have been in the media like everyone else lately has been...and the fact that you were at a keeper's house holding them of your own free will would have put up the debate again, should these people be keeping reptiles? You know how most people think about snakes...a lot don't need much of an exuse.

And also the fact that if one of them had hit you, you would be costing the tax payers upwards of a $1000 dollars to fix something stupid that you decided to do yourself. Think about how that looks.

And when duga said funny, he meant it's like those people on funniest home videos and the like that film themselves doing something incredibly stupid and dangerous and end up getting hurt. You sit there and laugh because it's just so stupid and you wonder if they were born with brains.

Quote from No-one:
by the way Stevo i don't think thats stupid, did they have funny looking scars up the side of their heads

Does that mean im not so tuff afterall?????

You knew you'd get this reaction....people that have kept vens for years don't post pictures up of themselves holding them...you are giving Bob a bad name. I wonder how Bob would feel if he knew that a person that has never kept vens posted up his picture of himself holding them at Bob's house on the world wide web for all to see, you even mentioned his name.

mmm lets see No, I wasnt the one who mentioned his name..

Yes Bob knew exactly what I was doing I was even speaking to him as the replies came through! He took the photos and told me to put the good ones up on the net. So i did. We both new that there would be these responses and I have never complained about anyone calling me an idiot or crazy, or a richard cranium lol

you are a law student, you know by doing this that you aren't being smart, and adding your disclaimer later shows that as well.

Correct, there is no need for a disclaimer, if I see someone swimming with sharks do I just jump in? I see Steve Erwin wrestling crocodiles, yeah he puts a disclaimer up, so, maybe I dont see it, do I do it? someone gets away with murder in a movie so do I go out and try it? NO

If people are stupid like me then thats there problem, you have made your point about younger people watching, and thats fine! So, move on.

And when duga said funny, he meant it's like those people on funniest home videos and the like that film themselves doing something incredibly stupid and dangerous and end up getting hurt. You sit there and laugh because it's just so stupid and you wonder if they were born with brains.

Yeah, sure he did. Even so, being in intensive care after a snake bite is a little different to being hit in the nuts with a cricket bat.. Your kidding arent you.

HAHAHA we have our first hell man!

Yes if you did get bitten from stupid unecessary handling then yeah i would laugh.
I may have problems but as you said i am the most exprienced keeper here so i don't really care.

PMSL Stevo just don't tell anyone you be the toughest bloke around :)

Cheers
Steve aka dugadugabowbow

pugsly said:
if I thought I was going to get bitten I wouldnt have done it!

But thats just it Pugsly, you dont know when you're about to get bitten. In case you haven't heard, snakes are UNPREDICTABLE!!! :shock:

But anyway, you enjoyed yourself and i guess for now thats all that matters :wink: I'm not going to tell you you're an idiot because i dont think you are. You're a person with a great passion for these animals, and sometimes that passion can be very hard to fight back!! Who am i to tell you what to do, i'm guilty of free handling venomous snakes, most especially wild ones back in my early teens :shock: . Thankfully though, free handling venomous snakes is a childish phase i quickly grew out of!!

Not knocking you at all Pugsly...i'm seriously glad you enjoyed it :D

Seems we have a mixed response, which is good, I love a good debate, some good points some terrible points, in the end we all learnt something, Pugs is a crazy illegitimate child! Oh yeah and kids Don't try this at home because apparently its all my fault if you do.

Thanks Serp, see I love posts like that, simple, friendly, and honest.

And yes I did enjoy myself mate. I would be glad to go back and this time photograph them on the lawn! (Maybe lol)

Why can't we all just love each other?

Yeah that will be the day on APS! But it s anice thought..

If he chooses to free handle vens under the supervision of an experienced keeper then thats his deal. Everything in life is a risk. Thats like saying cos you drive a car I can't wait to see you get in a crash and be in intensive care

Exactly..

I'm 6'4" and a 108. :lol: There is some relaxed muscle in there.

Wow, I spend a couple of days at work and come back to another massacre. I guess I am biased. I know both Pugs & the other bloke (won't mention name for fear of stabbing).

Firstly, if this thread is as dangerous as people say then please remove it. Safety should always come before our political comments. Unfortunately, our worlds are full of Steve Irwin catching fierce snaks and holding them. But he pretends they are wild and can still be handled. Steve did not pretend that.

My son is 6 years old and a huuuge fan of Steve Irwin. Both my children have been to herp shows with free handling of vens (mac herps, Childers) but they are still very wary of them. Yet put them near a car park on their own and death is certain. As a parent, I have no problem what Steve has done. My kids have a much higher chance of dying in a motor vehicle accident but they still show car chases on TV.

Oh, and Boa, its all muscle.

Just my biased opinion.

Oh, and no Steve, I dont want to see you in intensive care. Who would mind my house?

It seems jealousy and bitchiness is alive and well. If you didn't like his pics people should keep there mouths shut. You don't see people making coments about how they're sick to death of repeat threads of "show us ya darwins" etc. If Pugsly chooses to free handle an elapid thats his business...comments such as l"aughing if he was to be bitten" is down right childish and nasty. Future comments from people like this would hardly command respect regardless of the expertise they believe they have. Pugsly has never really attacked anyone on this site, he deserves the same.
The problem with people is that no one will accept repsonsibility for their actions. People are so quick to blame somebody else. Pugsly knew the risks and while he would not be too happy if he were to be bitten he knows that is the risk and he took it. There is really no difference in jumping out of a plane and not having a chute open or doing 200 clicks on an R1 and having somone pull out on you.. Its a risk!!!!!.........so if there is anybody else on here wanting to attack somebody who enjoyed their experience of handling elapids start a new post of "lets have a bitch" under Chit Chat and let people who enjoyed Pugsly's photos finish off this thread.

Simone.

P.S. It's Valentino Rossi's fault i got caught doing wheelie on my R1 at 180 k's. I saw him do it and it made me do it too.

Simone.

Who cares Boa it can't be that important :lol:

You cannot compare a pic of someone free handling elpapids to a pic of someone driving a car.
It is nothing remotely like the same thing sorry.
It is his choice, absolutely.
I have a probelm with pics being posted, the same as I would if some one came on and started bnragging about drink driving.
My opinion, for the 2 rand it's worth is that anyone who gets bitten free handling should pay for the treatment of the bite. $100,000 or so per night in ICU anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back