Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol lutzd im confused...what are we looking at there? :?

When they get pink on them after striking, from what i can figure out is just from the excitement of feeding.
My port macs have done this since birth, next time i feed them i'll get a pic, they go very pink.
Just remembered there cooling so it will be a while till their next feed, i've seen it other kinds of carpets as well.

Zoe it is definately a burn. Superficial but still a burn. It is a result of the globe being hot enough to cause this type of bruising but not hot enough to cause a reflex reaction in the snake. It will disappear with the next slough and at the extreme it will take two.

the pink colouration everyone is refering to comes from an increased blodd flow throughout the snakes body. It is more noticeable on the white or pale scales and generally occurs during times of fight or flight, i.e. feeding or defence. The same effect can also be seen on days when there is minimal sun as snakes will increase blood flow to move the blood through the body to increase the warmth faster

Very interesting.....friends are describing exactly the same thing with their diamonds.

Wonder what actually causes it?

AHHH yep it is. I seen this first hand a few times over the years and I have also spoken to many long time keepers in regards to this same subjuect and we all agree by the pics. B U R N and will be gone???

what vet did you go to zoe? peter cameron?

yup ricko we went to peter. :) really nice bloke...but he said it wasnt a burn... :?

yes i saw him last night. funny man pete is.

Mine looks same as yours. Not complete bely pink, just parts. Zoe you should be OK.

I just went and took the pics to two herp vets I know and both agree it is a superficial burn. More like bruising then a burn but cause by a low heat. So I guess if it is caused by heat then the term to use would be BURN??? wouldn't it? hmm interesting !

i think pete would know if it was a burn or not and he say no and i think its not a burn either.

Maybe its a scald?
Or a Thermal Injury?

PS. Just Joking... I neither know nor care and there is no way I could tell from the pics if I did.

ive seen it before on my diamonds too, mine appear fine and have had full check ups with a good vet, hope its nothing serious

Magpie said:
Maybe its a scald?
Or a Thermal Injury?

PS. Just Joking... I neither know nor care and there is no way I could tell from the pics if I did.

then dont bother wasting web page space and responding... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back