Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,

i know this isnt quiet on topic, but i really didnt wanto start a whoile new thread for a small question like this. anyway

are olive pythons heavier bodied than scrubies? (bigger gurth, thicker body, you knwo whati mean ;))

i 'think' recommended adult size enclosure may be bigger than that, but im not sure, but yea i would like to know also :)

are olive pythons heavier bodied than scrubies?
and what size enclosure would be alright for an adult olive python, 4x2x2?

to be honest, i think a 4x2x2 is to small for a carpet, so yes itsw to small for a 14ft+ snake

yes olives are heavier bodied at their size range between 2.5m up to 4m, but scrubs grow alot bigger. My adults enclosure is 2.5m L x 1m D x 1m H. I takes up a lot of space and can be hard to get the temps right for the first couple of weeks, but its well worth it as they can really move around. I think an olive is not the right choice for a first snake, some are placid but some are monsters. You would b e better off with something a little smaller.
Olives grow really quick so a 4x2x2 would only be good for a hatchie and for a month or so. My guy is nearly 10 months and is around the 1.8m mark, so depending regularity of food they can grow at an extreme rate

Last edited:
probably already seen these pics but here they are
my just under 10 foot female
102_0552.jpg

102_0559.jpg

i had a 10 foot female and 8 foot male,both in 5 by 2 by 2 foot cages,and they bred for me the first year that i had them,but they didnt produce eggs the next 2 years after that,even though i saw mating activity.

I wouldn't keep an olive in anything smaller than a 6x2x2 as an adult. When I move out I am contemplating something even bigger, depending on their growth. I will get pics of my yearling I have now, and my new boy when I get him on tuesday so I'm not wasting a great thread ;). Awesome pictures on here guys, keep them coming, there is no such thing as too many Olives.

Ollie

He has always eaten his rats *** first . Finally found the head . l still believe in the old cage size rule ; half as long as the snake in one direction , at least .

Attachments

• P2130001.jpg
    P2130001.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 304
  • P2130002.jpg
    P2130002.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 283
  • P2130003.jpg
    P2130003.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 261
  • P2130004.jpg
    P2130004.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 247
i had a 10 foot female and 8 foot male,both in 5 by 2 by 2 foot cages,and they bred for me the first year that i had them,but they didnt produce eggs the next 2 years after that,even though i saw mating activity.
It's like a relationship isn't it? Don't worry, i'll just post the BABY's pictures baby.... keep going...

:DHere and my two hatchlings i got yesterday. Cheers jan.:D

Attachments

• P2280278.jpg
    P2280278.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 351
yes olives are heavier bodied at their size range between 2.5m up to 4m, but scrubs grow alot bigger. My adults enclosure is 2.5m L x 1m D x 1m H. I takes up a lot of space and can be hard to get the temps right for the first couple of weeks, but its well worth it as they can really move around. I think an olive is not the right choice for a first snake, some are placid but some are monsters. You would b e better off with something a little smaller.
Olives grow really quick so a 4x2x2 would only be good for a hatchie and for a month or so. My guy is nearly 10 months and is around the 1.8m mark, so depending regularity of food they can grow at an extreme rate

I just realised i said hatchie in this post i meant juvie-sub adult and that they would rather have more room than a 4x2x2. oops sorry bout that my big mistake

Here is my 5yr old male that I got last week, he is a bit unpredictable at the moment but im sure he will settle once he has been here a while. I have a yearling also, but no pictures of him as yet. Cheers :)

Attachments

• DSC_0108.jpg
    DSC_0108.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC_0116.jpg
    DSC_0116.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 350
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back