Opinions on dogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all I could find from the mount morgan council

The following dog breeds are recognised as a dangerous breed:
□ Rottweiler
□ German Shepherd
□ Great Dane
□ Doberman
□ Bull Mastiff
□ Marrena
□ Anatolian Karabash

A dog is also declared as dangerous if it is”
□ Of 60kg or more
□ Higher than 1100mm in height
□ Used for the hunting of wild game

A dangerous dog must not be in public without a muzzle.

Doesn't say you can't have them just says they have to wear a muzzle in public.

Sorry, restricted breeds then.

Very few people can afford to keep a restricted breed (dangerous). There is more to it than a muzzle, your dog must be in a secure pen at all times (concrete base) and even when it is inside your house it must be muzzled.

I got the info from the EDBA.

If Great Danes were under that classification in Kingaroy why was I not informed of this when i had my young females cherry eye (not genetic) fixed.We walked past shire officers,past the shire offices and through the vet system.Sorry but Ive been into the kingaroy shires records and Great Danes are NOT on their list of dangerous dogs.Midol noone likes a no all especially if they have only been around for a shorter time than they have ( get my drift) youve made your point and at the end of the day whatever dog is right for the purchaser at the time will be bought.Congrats on your extensive knowledge but I think you have made your point and now let it be this is after all a snake forum first not an argument about breeds of dogs and who is right or who is wrong.I love my danes but had a xbreed from the age of 5 up until he turned 21 and he was a shelter dog that cost mum $6 and was my best mate.Now ive got pure bred danes,chinese cresteds and a cross bred pom so i love em all, they all deserve a good loving home, lets at least all agree on that :)
Picture of Bindi with a baby chicken unfortunatly the chicken died too much loving from Bindi :(
bindiandbaby2.jpg

Thanks for that huge post buuuuuuuuuuut..........

Kingaroy
Dobermann
German Shepherd Dog
Greyhound
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Rottweiler

I don't see Great Dane?

And I was corrected, these breeds are RESTRICTED (aka dangerous) which means you can keep them but effectively under lock and key with huge registration costs.

Anyway, I have no issue with xbreeds from a rescue org :)

pit bulls are not "banned" australia wide where did you get that load of tripe from. my pit bulls are registered with the australian animal register and i have lived in three states and had them registered in three states as american pit bulls.

Thanks for that huge post buuuuuuuuuuut..........

Kingaroy
Dobermann
German Shepherd Dog
Greyhound
Rhodesian Ridgeback
Rottweiler

I don't see Great Dane?

And I was corrected, these breeds are RESTRICTED (aka dangerous) which means you can keep them but effectively under lock and key with huge registration costs.

Anyway, I have no issue with xbreeds from a rescue org :)

Midol
My post is far from huge in comparrison to the tripe youve been postitng.I based what I wrote on fact not a beginers opinion on dogs, You stated that you had only been working in rescue for not long! Quote: (No, I am involved with rescue only new to it though I do not breed. I clean up the mess that dodgey owners & breeders like you create.
that does not make you an expert. You said Great Danes are on the Kingaroy list,then have the cheek to become a critic on post sizes because you were proven wrong once again. Look the word RESTRICETED up in the Dictionary it does not nor never will mean Dangerous!!! it means there are restrictions on how they can be kept.
A little bit of knowledge can sometimes be alot more DANGEROUS than no knowledge at all.There should be RESTRICTIONS on people giving advise to others that only have a little bit of knowldege, you would come under the DANGEROUS catergory.

pit bulls are not "banned" australia wide where did you get that load of tripe from. my pit bulls are registered with the australian animal register and i have lived in three states and had them registered in three states as american pit bulls.

I specifically stated that you can own them in a few places but afaik only 2 areas out of the 5 states and 2 territories allow the trading of the APBT.

Midol
My post is far from huge in comparrison to the tripe youve been postitng.I based what I wrote on fact not a beginers opinion on dogs, You stated that you had only been working in rescue for not long! Quote: (No, I am involved with rescue only new to it though I do not breed. I clean up the mess that dodgey owners & breeders like you create.
that does not make you an expert. You said Great Danes are on the Kingaroy list,then have the cheek to become a critic on post sizes because you were proven wrong once again. Look the word RESTRICETED up in the Dictionary it does not nor never will mean Dangerous!!! it means there are restrictions on how they can be kept.
A little bit of knowledge can sometimes be alot more DANGEROUS than no knowledge at all.There should be RESTRICTIONS on people giving advise to others that only have a little bit of knowldege, you would come under the DANGEROUS catergory.

I never claimed Danes were banned or restricted by the Kingaroy council. If you want to go and quote where I said it then go ahead.

http://www.lgp.qld.gov.au/applicati...ng and control of animals sll_res28-05-02.pdf

Local Law Definitions 4.1 detail a list of dogs prescribed as dangerous, dangerous dogs have their ownership restricted. The COUNCIL deems them as dangerous. I do not.

If a dog is prescribed as dangerous then in many states that restricts ownership in those shires as most states legislation restricts the trading of dangerous dogs and if the council as prescribed a breed dangerous in its shire then that breed can not be traded.

definatly go the German Shepherd, pure bred tho, the cross breeds have nothing on them. A short hair for up north tho, the long hairs a georgous but the shorts at least dont get as hot and dont shed quite as much, although you will still be filling bags full when the season comes :p they are the most loyal and intellegent dogs i have ever come across. my mum and dad had one when i was growing up and it would guard us kids, even when we were in the pram. He would let strangers into our yard with someone he knew but if a stranger tried to take anything (or just pick it up for that matter) he would let you know it wasn't on :p

Good luck with your search, and if you do get a shepherd post pics, they are the most beautiful dogs in the world

WR

I recommend that you get an older dog from a shelter (something out of the puppy stage as it sounds like you dont have time for a puppy at all) Older dogs are just as loving and rewarding to own as pups and deserve a second chance at life. We have five dogs had four of them as pups and one when she was 8, we have a maltese, Jack Russel, Bull Mastiff X Great Dane, Cattle dog and a Dingo. All our dogs have beautiful personalities towards their owners and do a great job protecting the yard.

"A little bit of knowledge can sometimes be alot more DANGEROUS than no knowledge at all.There should be RESTRICTIONS on people giving advise to others that only have a little bit of knowldege, you would come under the DANGEROUS catergory."

OdessaStud i fully agree ( i also had a chinese crested once lovly little dogs they are).

I also agree matty has some good points ,and knows what he is talking about through living his life with his dogs and not from what he has heard and read in the last few months or minuites on the internet.

I specifically stated that you can own them in a few places but afaik only 2 areas out of the 5 states and 2 territories allow the trading of the APBT.

I never claimed Danes were banned or restricted by the Kingaroy council. If you want to go and quote where I said it then go ahead.

http://www.lgp.qld.gov.au/applicati...ng and control of animals sll_res28-05-02.pdf

Local Law Definitions 4.1 detail a list of dogs prescribed as dangerous, dangerous dogs have their ownership restricted. The COUNCIL deems them as dangerous. I do not.

If a dog is prescribed as dangerous then in many states that restricts ownership in those shires as most states legislation restricts the trading of dangerous dogs and if the council as prescribed a breed dangerous in its shire then that breed can not be traded.

LOL very hard to show a post thats been edited your very clever arnt you MIDOL??? cover your mouth very well when your called on your coments.YOU DID WRITE Danes were classified as dangerous in Kingaroy or I wouldnt have bothered replying to your dribble.You have a happy knack of calling people idiots is that a word your familar with? You cover your butt by saying all these breeds are banned or under certain controls in SOME part of Qld if you look hard enough into every shire in every state in aus youll probably find alot more dogs under control as well.Get it right any one can extract information from a book but unless you know each dog and each enviroment its going to you have no idea what,who or how its going to behave.Unlike some people not every dog is a carbon copy of itself.
Id like to know why your still alowed to post after calling so many people morons and idiots?????? Id love to see you call our local copper an idiot, i think a pair of pretty stainless bracelets would be your next fashion statement if you did. Now that would be worth seeing haha :)

What are you on about?

why would I bother looking at every council?

I DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY BANS OR RESTRICTIONS PLACED ON BREEDS. I probably do more to help the fight against the governments and councils banning certain breeds than anyone on APS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back