Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxysnake
As ncherps has pointed out revealing surnames and addresses in this matter isnt nessecary. To claim that we forged the reports or took them from another case is very bold of you. You seem to think we are doing this for shtis and giggles. As Arbok has said this has put a lot of people under a lot of stress, including the sellers. The last thing anyone here wants is for this virus to exist
For the reason you have mentioned we have kept a log of dates etc. for referencing. There was a period of time between having the report read out to us and recieving the actual papers, but when we heard the report we decided that it was in Lukes best interest that we told him straight away instead of waiting till we had the actual report.
Cheers Pete

Last edited:
Im sure Luke will get on here when he can to explain his side of things, and he has gone into lock down from what he has told me, and i belive him 100%.

As for animals being "passed around" in what every one is calling a syndicate, it is not common place at all.
As Danny has said, animals have been sent from WA to set a small number of breeders up with certain species.

girdheinz,-
dont know where you read that all the WA bhps i had went to Luke?, because they did not. Dave had them sent to someone in s/e qld and all are doing fine.

I have had no problems with my collection at all, everything is thriving and doing well. So this virus has not been passed bettween us. We are thou, fairly certain where it has come from.

So are you refering to Jim & Nick in Cairns... As i understand it, these are the same 2 people which infected Geckodans collection not long ago. I hope they 2 have locked down their collection.

ML

If that is true, they should have locked down a long time ago !

:shock: ML, why would you name people if you're not even sure of their involvement? :? "As I understand it" is hardly proof. As I recall, Geckodan was quite specific in his preference that they not be named.

Really, this whole thing is going from the sublime to the ridiculous. One second it's a simple issue of one or two sick snakes and the need for two collections to be locked down until the danger has passed, the next it's become some huge to do about syndicates, inferred conspiracies, and naming people who may turn out to be completely uninvolved in this matter and against the wishes of a fourth party who was specific in his reasons for not wanting their names made public. You've just potentially either risked the safety of a few innocent people or trashed the reputations of two blameless people.

Last edited:
:shock: ML, why would you name people if you're not even sure of their involvement? :? "As I understand it" is hardly proof. As I recall, Geckodan was quite specific in his preference that they not be named.

Really, this whole thing is going from the sublime to the ridiculous. One second it's a simple issue of one or two sick snakes and the need for two collections to be locked down until the danger has passed, the next it's become some huge to do about syndicates, inferred conspiracies, and naming people who may turn out to be completely uninvolved in this matter and against the wishes of a fourth party who was specific in his reasons for not wanting their names made public. You've just potentially either risked the safety of a few innocent people or trashed the reputations of two blameless people.

One or two collections, but the start of the threat surely needs to be traced back to its origins and stopped down the line. (not saying it was right to name names, but surely there are a lot more than 1 or 2 collections that need to be 'watched', 'quarentined' ..... other snakes sold .. traded .. bought .. i would want to know if i was one of the people that had purchased from anyone that maybe involved, but obviously only the seller can notify everyone that has bought.

i didn't know what this opvm whatever was till the other week... but a few people have bitched to me about who to buy from and who not to trust... it seems like a whole lot of rumors and hurt. Everyone take a chill pill as hurtful it is. Everyones panicking and what not... is that nessary? (don't mind my spelling)

All the ppl involved in this no who they are,its no-ones business to name names on a public forum.By now they would have spoken to each other etc and hopefully all involved are in lock-down.I hope this all passes without any-not much trouble for all concerned.Now its about the disease,make sure it doesnt get passed on.This threat is getting further into crap that shouldnt be mentioned..

:shock: ML, why would you name people if you're not even sure of their involvement? :? "As I understand it" is hardly proof. As I recall, Geckodan was quite specific in his preference that they not be named.QUOTE]

Well maybe its time that they were named, and maybe if they were named in the beggining, and they locked down their collections, maybe, just maybe we would not be going through what we are now.

Well maybe its time that they were named, and maybe if they were named in the beggining, and they locked down their collections, maybe, just maybe we would not be going through what we are now.

Well Maybe, just maybe if people like you didn't open their big mouths bitching like a school girl people wouldn't be so worried about talking about having a problem like this.

Try and be proactive not reactive.

well hey obviously people are worried about this all and people do over react. To be honest bad things happen to the best of us. only someone without a care in the world would not have a lock down being involved... or an extream idiot. so this will blow over.

I don't think we should be naming names... it just leads to even more of a mob mentality...

But I think people need to understand/appreciate why a lot of people DO want people named... People want to know what collections they should be avoiding to prevent an outbreak in their own collection... Imagine how horrible it would be if there was a known issue in a collection, but everybody who knew kept it quiet out of respect (and I am not saying we should be naming names) and it ended up infecting a bunch of innocent peoples collections... it could have all been avoided if people knew names...

If people are going to do the right thing anyway, and lock down their incoming/outgoing animals... then they should make it public, and say 'look, there is an issue in my collection at present... I am going to lock it all down, and in 18 months time, if all is fine, I can trade again.' It would give people confidence in their honesty...

JMO! ;)

I don't think we should be naming names... it just leads to even more of a mob mentality...

But I think people need to understand/appreciate why a lot of people DO want people named... People want to know what collections they should be avoiding to prevent an outbreak in their own collection... Imagine how horrible it would be if there was a known issue in a collection, but everybody who knew kept it quiet out of respect (and I am not saying we should be naming names) and it ended up infecting a bunch of innocent peoples collections... it could have all been avoided if people knew names...

If people are going to do the right thing anyway, and lock down their incoming/outgoing animals... then they should make it public, and say 'look, there is an issue in my collection at present... I am going to lock it all down, and in 18 months time, if all is fine, I can trade again.' It would give people confidence in their honesty...

JMO! ;)

............... in an ideal world ............

............... in an ideal world ............

I am well aware of the issues that prevent this from actually taking place... but I don't think people should be blasting people because they want to know who is involved. It's natural to want to prevent issues in your own collection. Knowledge is power... and people want to know detail so that they can feel at least a little bit 'in control.'

I think you will find that a lot of the rage would not be cast upon people if they were named... The rage only exists because people are afraid of the unknown, and concerned about the fact that they aren't being told any detail. Obviously there would be people who would misdirect their anger.. that's why I mentioned at the start of my post that I DO NOT support the naming of names... I just think we should respect all angles of the argument...

Well Maybe, just maybe if people like you didn't open their big mouths bitching like a school girl people wouldn't be so worried about talking about having a problem like this.

Try and be proactive not reactive.

So really what your trying to say is that its ok for people to continue to trade even if they have a suspected problem... Which is what has happened here and caused Luke his problem.

Now say for instance i didnt name names, many people may blindly still trade with certain people...

As what has been said, in a perfect world.... People would be honest and not have to be proded or threatened to come forward, if they had any TRUE love of the hobby, they would want to do whats best for it, not for their wallet...

I can also tell you that i have 100% been exposed to 'CVE' that ripped through a well known collection and i have had an entire clutch of hatchies die, yet i have still sold reptiles around Australia since and not had a single problem relayed to me.

Did you let the buyers of your reptiles know of this?

No i didn't and i didn't feel i needed to because i was 100% confident in my quarantine standard.

So really what your trying to say is that its ok for people to continue to trade even if they have a suspected problem... Which is what has happened here and caused Luke his problem.

Now say for instance i didnt name names, many people may blindly still trade with certain people...

As what has been said, in a perfect world.... People would be honest and not have to be proded or threatened to come forward, if they had any TRUE love of the hobby, they would want to do whats best for it, not for their wallet...

Very well said...

It's sad to think that people with issues in their collections
would still be most willing to sell.
And not bother to mention anything to the unsuspecting buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back