OPMV....know much about it?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i applord all who r willing to admit they ghave a probiem and honestly not sure how many will agree but i would rather buy off someone who is wiling to admit they have had a problem as long as its fixed ofcourse as i see it they r honest..and know what an outbreak can do..
i have not had any problems thus far and would like to keep it that way the ony way anyone can do this is to know what they r up agenst
that asside is there a time frame for this deases rockman
how can u tell if they r sick
and how long do u quarintene for now
and how did u get rid of it
what precautions do u now take
sorry but u tell us about it but u only tell shadow info not how to prevent it i get the steralizing and washing of hands
NO GOOD GETTING OLDER IF U DONT GET WIZER so help every 1 out and give us a bit more info please

Sorry guys, HERE'S the instructions off the side of the bottle :oops:

P1010001.jpg

girls in bikinis, bikinis on girls, girls frolicing in the water in bikinis, bikini girls, girls bikinis.

Trueblue wished :
girls in bikinis, bikinis on girls, girls frolicing in the water in bikinis, bikini girls, girls bikinis.
Any pics Trueblue :p

No, but I was just obliging olivehydra and hoping, junglrl, ninapeas, reptililia and a few others might help out.

Cool, next time britneys over can I come and help.?

I will try to post something tonight if i can , trying to clean up after the cyclone up here . 889 people have look at this and only 2 others have stood up . Awesome , that means that we either have the best collections in Australia , or some people don't have the balls to admit it . This is why the diease will do so well and flourish .

trying to clean up after the cyclone up here

Y'all good there Jim?
Let me know if you need a hand, we're all done cleaning up here.

Hey Linus I agree Beffore I started reading that paega I was fime Now I can't seee the keybord infrunt off meeee......... Hehehe Very interesting article though as rockman said Not too many would tell the world about their HIV................

Something to think about , who feeds with a pair of forceps or tongs ? Do you wipe them down with F10 in between each feeding ? Imagine if the snake strikes at the prey and touches the forceps and leaves behind a little bit spit ( virus ) and then you just go and put another mouse in the forceps and go and feed again . Did you see the spit that might be there or not .? Did the snake touch the tongs or not ? Spreads easy , eh !

What about if you have a big cage split into 2 , you slide the glass front across so you can clean and feed your snake , the other snake in the ajoining cage slides across the glass with its face , what has just happened ?

Love your work rockman, this subject HAS to be disscused for the benifit of the hobby. As you already know it is very easy to stop the spread of this virus because it is very fragile and wont live off a host for very long,(about the only thing it has going for it.) So people who suspect they have or had this nasty problem should bite the bullet and do the honest thing not only for the hobby but themselves in the long run.
And for all you people that think its rare, ring a few competent herp vets in any state in the country and get their opinions and I think you will be horrified.

What if you handled your snake , imagine if you had red paint on your hands , it would be incredible to see what would be red within 10 min of being in your snake room , the red paint being the virus . Gives you something to think about , eh !

Look at that , i think i have just about doubled my posts in one day , look out peter , i'm catching up ! :lol:

So true Rockman! We aren't all as careful as we should be.

Myself for example....I've just fed 2 of my 3 diamonds and copped a bite on the hand from the 3rd, one hungry little beauty, on the desk next to me because I hadn't washed my hands and the scent of rats is all over them. Now, if I had OPMV in my collection it would be all over. Why?...because I wasn't aware of OPMV? No, because I'm lazy and think....it won't happen to me!

OPMV is real people! We need to be extra careful.

Hey , JungleRob , you learn quick :lol: , now if i can get the 899 people to be as quick as you , we might make a difference in a couple of years time and we might have some herps left to look at . Imagine that

I bought a jungle from a guy in Brisbane, that had previously had a wipe out due to OPMV. I was told after I bought the snake about it, that was the first I had heard of the disease. Kept him in quarantine for 9 months and he's as healthy as can be. I'm confident I don't have OPMV in my collection.
I was asked not to approach the seller about this as the guy that told me about it was supposedly the only other that knew. You know how it is.
What does one do in a case like this? I don't want to name and shame, but I believe he is a member of this site (not 100% sure though).
I just hope for his sake, his animals and any prospective buyers that it is sorted out because he is selling alot of animals every year.

Is it true that OPMV will wipe out an animal in about 9 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back