Ouch....Ouch....OUCH!!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've heard of foot and mouth disease in cattle, the old saying of having put your foot in it, ect but now a NEW one and yes it's, Sydney again.

Funny place that Sydney, seems to be home to lots of strange things like exotic snakes, stolen snakes, stolen monkeys and all sorts of different things.

Anyway I hear a well known keeper ended up with his foot in the mouth of a 1.6 meter PERENTIE, OUCH, that would HURT big time.

I'm told that the wound is significant and the bleeding was impressive. He is thinking of going to the doctors maybe sometime this weekend. But hey, don't hurry, God gave you 2 feet for a reason.....
Considering the thousands or millions of microbes now running around his body a visit to a doctor might be a good idea.

Might I suggest finding a smallish dog muzzle for the future......

as the title says, OUCH !

infected bites from little wild blueys are bad enough ... let alone a perentie !

yes unless he gets to the doctor quick could loose his foot and if infections spreads his leg as well

haha, mama always told me to watch my step, now I know why

I don't understand why you wouldn't see a doctor? There is a fine line between being a guy and an idiot.

In talking to a couple of keepers apparently sydney has had to ship in large quantities of drugs for the RI virus thats doing the rounds, maybe he can use some of those (as already suggested). From the same guys ive been talking to the virus has actually been given a name now too

Any pics yet Nev? That would be interesting to see. Also was he barefoot around the Perentie!? Rob Bredl the second!

Any pics yet Nev? That would be interesting to see. Also was he barefoot around the Perentie!? Rob Bredl the second!

No pics as yet, I hear he was going to the Doctor yesterday....Rob Bredl, no, more like Bundy Rum......

This RI virus you mention is that the one the vet out near Mulgrave has named the RB Virus... if so I hear it has a very high lethality rate and if by chance the snake does survive treatment is over a few months.

As it seems to be far and away more sever than your "normal" RI bug one would have to wonder if it has mutated from another host. Like the bird flu that started with birds and mutated to infect humans. Maybe this has come from another animal.......

I don't understand why you wouldn't see a doctor? There is a fine line between being a guy and an idiot.

The incident happened Friday night and I'm told that his doctor doesn't work Saturdays.

So why is the virus called RB and not M Flu?

I'm told that the vets are referring to the virus as RD virus.........M Flu??????now what does the M stand for......are you thinking that like the HIV virus it has mutated from monkeys???????

I googled "Perentie" to see what the fuss was about. What came up on the first thing on google? A perentie is a big lizard that lives in the desert. The perentie is the biggest lizard in Australia. You can eat it." o_O

I googled "Perentie" to see what the fuss was about. What came up on the first thing on google? A perentie is a big lizard that lives in the desert. The perentie is the biggest lizard in Australia. You can eat it." o_O

I've not see a full grown Perentie in the flesh but I have seen lots of big goannas. Now I would hate to get hit by a full grown goanna let aloan something bigger like a Perentie

Yeahhhh after clicking on RELEVANT links I find that it's the 4th largest lizard in the world.
However that one link was telling people about how to grab it by its legs and pull it out of a burrow or something and bash its head in o_O
Wouldn't it bite you?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back