Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

I notice Pails has just updated the price lists on his website (finally). Painted Dragons and Olives caught my eye at $88ea & $350ea respectively. Still being a stubborn s.o.b with his GTP prices $9800.. :roll:

I suppose roys GTPs are just getting bigger and better feeders,kind of growing into their price :p

MrBredli said:
I notice Pails has just updated the price lists on his website (finally). Painted Dragons and Olives caught my eye at $88ea & $350ea respectively. Still being a stubborn s.o.b with his GTP prices $9800.. :roll:

Hasn't his Olives always been $350 each?

Probably, sorry i didn't mean they were a great price, just caught my eye as i am interested in purchasing one soon.

MrBredli said:
Probably, sorry i didn't mean they were a great price, just caught my eye as i am interested in purchasing one soon.

Hey, no worries MrBredli, I reckon $350's a good price, especially if you are in VIC and don't have to pay freight etc..

Neil

re Pails

Had a look,he has dajara QLD bhps at 1700 a pair and no single womas females for sale just pairs for 3600 and yearling males 1200,maybe ile win lotto :)

when i was last at pails the olives were $450. MrBredli, they are great looking olives and well worth the trip to see :)

tweety2 said:
when i was last at pails the olives were $450. MrBredli, they are great looking olives and well worth the trip to see :)

Hey tweety2, maybe that was a special price just for you :lol: .
A friend bought one last season and she paid $350.

do people think he is trying to bring prices down or just trying to move the animals on faster?

i think it is nothing more than economy of scale, Roy breeds alot of animals and some of the more common animals are sold at excelent prices while some of his "pet" projects being more expensive.

"Juvie Jungle Carpets (Atherton) - $180"

Does that appear cheap to anyone?

:p

Hix

Tweety2- Originally I saw the olive hatchlings advertised for $350 but when I went down there in October I saw a couple of olives for sale $450....supposed to be 9-12 months old but they were still fairly small.

All Roys stock is generally in good health and feeding well, so I say his prices are good.
I snagged a beautiful yellow alpine blotched bluetongue off him that turned out to be gravid (5 young), yep the price was worth it.

Also I saw the painteds the other day and they're the smallest lizards I've ever seen, (5cm if that)

I was interested in the Black head monitors for $500pr, but it is a miss print it is $500 each.
Thought it was too good to be true :roll:

So Pails has finally dropped his price on GTP's, still a little over the top at $9000, but if the price stays steady they will, as zulu said, grow into their price :D

Why do you call him Pails and not Roy ? Do I detect some history ? :)

No history, i don't know why to tell you the truth, probably cos it's short for Pails For Scales and refers to him specifically rather than the store? But yeah, no reason in particular.

Fair enough, it's not unusual in the reptile world for keepers to not get on with others, unfortunately it seems far too common for some reason. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back