Paradox Albino Darwin Carpets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Morphed ,
Good to see these paradox albinos being well documented with photos straight from the egg.
What sex are they ? male and female i hope.
What a terrific project.
cheers
Roger

the quick and nasty photoshopping in the images i posted yesterday was not to do with the snakes, they were left untouched. it was solely to remove anything from the background that may have given leads as to the identity of the owner or location

a friend asked me to make some enquires about selling these animals so he has sent me the images and i have uploaded them.

As for some of you claiming to have seen the images before with different backgrounds, well thats just crap. photos of the snake have never been posted on line before, send me a link if you think they have.

snakes are the progeny of 2 hets.

hatched out in late 2010.

here are some photos untouched by photoshop except for resizing for the web.

apologies and enquiries accepted by pm! ;)

Don't be so tight and buy a subscription.How would anything taken in the original pics give away the location they are kept at unless of course an address was written on the substrate?

i didnt think paradox was an inheritable gene just a random mutation that cant be passed?
That is my understanding of it as well.Would love to see some info that confirms it is heritable though.

They look like they spent an hour in a washing machine with 2 litres of bleach :)

ok, I can understand why your doubting.

first of all apologies if my poor photoshopping led you to believe i was just trolling the forum!

as you would be aware, snakes like this are incredibly rare; what are the odds of producing one of these? 1 in a million? perhaps.

the quick and nasty photoshopping in the images i posted yesterday was not to do with the snakes, they were left untouched. it was solely to remove anything from the background that may have given leads as to the identity of the owner or location

as a regular forum user (under another name of course!) i know there are often posts highlighting the need to keep a low profile collection and protect it from would be thieves. How many posts have there been recently concerning animals that have been stolen?

would you risk posting a photo of this animal if it was in your collection and your location was known? just look at the number of views on this thread.

a friend asked me to make some enquires about selling these animals so he has sent me the images and i have uploaded them.

As for some of you claiming to have seen the images before with different backgrounds, well thats just crap. photos of the snake have never been posted on line before, send me a link if you think they have.

snakes are the progeny of 2 hets.

hatched out in late 2010.

here are some photos untouched by photoshop except for resizing for the web.

The hatchlings photo shows 2 paradox albinos (with black markings to different degrees) and a normal baby carpet.

will try and answer questions but my web access is limited

apologies and enquiries accepted by pm! ;)

Congrats to the breeder Morphed. :)

Well I hope this post above, shuts up some of the doubting Thomas's. lol

I remember a thread not that long ago about the Albino BHP's and everybody doubting them....Again same scenario, the breeder wanted to keep his/her identity a secret, nothing wrong with that in my books, especially as morphed has said, too many jerks ripping people off.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is my understanding of it as well.Would love to see some info that confirms it is heritable though.

Rams, if it wasn't inheritable, how then do you explain them being reproduced by several different sources right across this country and also overseas?

Firstly, i am not making any argument for "Morphed" or whoever he's posting on behalf of and these animals pictured are not our animals either (our eggs are all very healthy still for the complete period of incubation!), and have nothing to do with these latest threads, pictures or otherwise.......I also don't wish to sit here arguing for hours......You want to see information that confirms it is inheritable.......some of this you will know, but i'll start at the beginning.

Secondly, Information to prove it is inheritable......Well, try this.......Simon produced offspring from 2 wild caught animals, 1 albino, 1 normal.......in 2000 the first F1's are produced, from this pairing, it is my understanding that half the clutch was kept back and bred to each other (F1 x F1 - fully related siblings).........in 2003 the first captive bred albino's were produced, along with other het's.....all these were F2's (very few of these were sold in first qtr of 2005).......in 2004 SXR again produced F2's and guess what????????
Some of these 2004 F2 albino's had black pigment on them! (they didn't see them and subsequently were sold)
In 2005, the same thing happened again!!!!

(It probably has happened at SXR since too, probably even to other's as 100% are not held back)

Coincidentally all these F2 animals produced at SXR with melanin on them, but from both 2004 and 2005 clutches have the same F1 mother.
SXR do not know if the same male was the Sire as multiple males were used.......but it really doesn't matter, they all came from F1's which were all from the original wild caughts, all fully related siblings!

Now this fact alone, that several animals from 2 seperate clutches (different seasons) from the same Dam all have black, grey and brown pigment on them.......proves it's inheritable.....HOW else can this be explained?

Then we come to 2006, 2007 and so on and so on until today.........2011.......it's still happening, that is.....Albino's are being hatched with melanin on them!

INHERITABLE!!!!!!

Just because SXR did not SEE and hold back EVERY animal that had melanin on them, does not MEAN that SXR did not produce other's and certainly is incorrect that "Destiny" is a one off.

JUST because it is a rare occurence, doesn't make this a spontaneous mutation, a chimera or any other hogwash which ill informed "critics" write article or post comments about.

MAYBE, just MAYBE......this form of albinism is NOT correctly labelled???? That is, maybe it's not T- because this form of albinism does infact produce albino's with melanin.......What should it be labelled? No idea....

Further more....I believe that Paradoxism, Piebaldism, Leucism and Albinism are all closely related.
These all effect the pigment and are all inheritable traits.

Give it 5, 10 years and we'll see these other traits being produced and some more regularly too.....along with more black on albino's.

Oh, and i'm only talking about 100% pure variegata, "Blondie" line, not Jags either.

There is also the fact that "Phoenix" line has also produced Paradox albino's, so if that IS a completely different bloodline to "Blondie", that should also show you confirmation that Paradoxism is inheritable........Eitherway, it is inheritable.

I believe it's a multi combinational mode of inheritance from our own results.

It occurs from both het and albino dam's and they can both emerge from the egg with the markings fully visible and also take several months to show (just keeping them on pure white paper towel). No excrement, no newspaper ink, no injections, no photo editing......melanin!

MANY keepers in Australia have albino's with various amounts of melanin on them, i posted a thread last year asking "who else has black pigment on their albino's" and other's contacted me from this......I have also spoken with several other breeders who have reported varying amounts of pigment on their albino's too and have been sent pictures by a few of these people, along with questions about lineage and Dam history etc.......

So, like it or not, it's happening and is not a one in a million trait, i doubt that there has even been 1000 albino's produced world wide yet!

I have no idea who started this thread or who owns these animals in the pictures.

I do not doubt they are genuine and it's great to see other's.

Good Luck to everyone who owns albino's, (including you Ram's), may you all hatch SOMETHING unusual, as albino's have near limitless potential as far as i'm concerned.........Looooooong way to go with this morph:)

Man, thats the longest reply to a thread i've read in ages..............lol
:lol:

orientalis I dont know why you directed all that at me when all I did was respond to Tassie97 stating that what he believed I also believe,how that equates to an argument is beyond me.

Paradox pythons have been breed OS for a long time yet I can find no evidence written that supports it is heritable.If it is indeed heritable then what is the mode of inheritance? Until that can be established if it can at all,the trait remains unproven.

I am well aware of the history of blondies line.I was one of the lucky ones to get some of the first release as you well know.

Last edited:
just my opinion but they dont look that nice, i can see the hype over jags and RPM and albino snakes but a morph that makes the snake look dirty just doesnt seem warrant of the money that will be asked for them... like i said JMO.

as a regular forum user (under another name of course!) i know there are often posts highlighting the need to keep a low profile collection and protect it from would be thieves. How many posts have there been recently concerning animals that have been stolen?

Why are you allowed 2 accounts?

Man, thats the longest reply to a thread i've read in ages..............lol

OMG is what I first thought and that post was an eyesore at first glance, I agree Mungus... but a good post never the less... lol

paradox albino carpet

hi everyone l am new to this furum.please forgive my spelling.to long in papua new guinea.little time at school..this paradox is mine.it was one of two that hatched out 2010 from a per of hets that came from sxrs 4 years ago,the frist year l put them to geather,l stuffed it up by putting an extra male albino in, got 4 albinos /20normals/hets?the following year,20 eggs from just hets 2 albino/2paradox albino/16normal
as thay were hatching l could see the two light albinos clearly,and the normals clearly,these other two were darker than the albinos lighter than the normals as the photos put in by my great friend Morphed,l figgered that l stuffed it with the incubater,l have never here of paradox albino till l sent a photo to simon sxr to find out what this was.that photo the first to leave my camera was three weeks ago not years,or months ago.
l was told that it was very rare.my concern was that there are poeple out there who would do harm too get this kind of animal ,l live remote do not need these types around my young family..l ask my friend to put the photos out there without showing were it is..Morphed is not a liar,or a clown .he is the very best friend one could hope to meet.he and my partner myself have been guides in kakadu national park for 15 years,we meet at the herp meets at the museum in sydney 1978,the snake may not be pritty to everyone ,no snake is??all l what is to let you all know that this carpet is real and that it is available for them who do find it nice,l have watched it grow..the photos do not show its true colours as with any albino there are colours that just don,t show up..the photo shopping that h did was to protect me and mine,l am sorry that l have imbarrest him this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone l am new to this furum.please forgive my spelling.to long in papua new guinea.little time at school..this paradox is mine.it was one of two that hatched out 2010 from a per of hets that came from sxrs 4 years ago,the frist year l put them to geather,l stuffed it up by putting an extra male albino in, got 4 albinos /20normals/hets?the following year,20 eggs from just hets 2 albino/2paradox albino/16normal
as thay were hatching l could see the two light albinos clearly,and the normals clearly,these other two were darker than the albinos lighter than the normals as the photos put in by my great friend Morphed,l figgered that l stuffed it with the incubater,l have never here of paradox albino till l sent a photo to simon sxr to find out what this was.that photo the first to leave my camera was three weeks ago not years,or months ago.
l was told that it was very rare.my concern was that there are poeple out there who would do harm too get this kind of animal ,l live remote do not need these types around my young family..l ask my friend to put the photos out there without showing were it is..Morphed is not a liar,or a clown .he is the very best friend one could hope to meet.he and my partner myself have been guides in kakadu national park for 15 years,we meet at the herp meets at the museum in sydney 1978,the snake may not be pritty to everyone ,no snake is??all l what is to let you all know that this carpet is real and that it is available for them who do find it nice,l have watched it grow..the photos do not show its true colours as with any albino there are colours that just don,t show up..the photo shopping that h did was to protect me and mine,l am sorry that l have imbarrest him this way.

would love to see some picture of them now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back