Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to another member on this site who conveniently was not ready to publicly post pics but was ready to publicly announce that he had some paradox offspring displaying the same trait, this paradox is hereditary.

Sorry folks i typed that post all wrong.

What i meant to say was there is a bloke who claims he has proven the SXR paradox as inheritable. But when questioned he has failed to show any proof of his claim.

i like it.probably because i like the contrasting colours.the bright white ,the bright orange and the black.probably why i still perfer classic bredli over hypo bredli.i perfer the red, white and black than just the red and white.each to their own.
cheers
simon

I think it looks great. The contrast of colours from white/yellow to black I find very appealing. I would definitely love to own one. All to their own though.

Edit: Just realised that slimebo pretty much said the exact same thing! Ditto.

Blake.

Its a nice Albino carpet, but Nev and Ash were eating poppy seed rolls that Simon had generously made for them for lunch after the trip from up North. ;) :)

I have to concur with Gordo and I do love anything different, IMO the black specs don't make it "amazing looking" it makes it look dirty & weird and detracts from the beauty of the "true" Albino carpet look.

But IF it was to have a full on peppered look to it, that would probably look pretty cool....like on some other morphs....

As Ash has correctly said, its an oddity like the "Bearded Lady"...

Don't you touch on the Bearded Lady - it's my project!
Dont go there as that subject is close to my heart, I will explain:
M, my 35yo wife has stubble and I accept that, she claims its hormonal... we share my Gillette and I do ask her to shave before being intimate..because its a stubble thing and makes me feel a little uncomfortable when my eyes are closed....as one does imagine when kissing! I have also told her to clean the vanity in our onsuite, which she now does. She's awesome!!!
We have however, after her shaving and having a hair free interlude...once, had a hairy Daughter offspring, that is beautiful and is a celebrity in her own right..National Geographic shows and a Decore Ad once. Contradictory to this, our other offspring, our Son is not hairy..Is this a Co-dominate trait or what?
Thanks for the advice in advance and I always like link another thread together.
Thanks for the advice in advance....

Dont go there as that subject is close to my heart, I will explain:
M, my 35yo wife has stubble and I accept that, she claims its hormonal... we share my Gillette and I do ask her to shave before being intimate..because its a stubble thing and makes me feel a little uncomfortable when my eyes are closed....as one does imagine when kissing! I have also told her to clean the vanity in our onsuite, which she now does. She's awesome!!!
We have however, after her shaving and having a hair free interlude...once, had a hairy Daughter offspring, that is beautiful and is a celebrity in her own right..National Geographic shows and a Decore Ad once. Contradictory to this, our other offspring, our Son is not hairy..Is this a Co-dominate trait or what?
Thanks for the advice in advance and I always like link another thread together.
Thanks for the advice in advance....

Scott, that reads like you have been feasting on poppy seeds or the refined product............

Have to say that when I first saw that albino it did nothing for me but Simon was quite excited about it.
As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.........

WOW very very nice !
Gotta love some of Simons snakes he has some real crackers!

I wouldn't say it's beautiful, certainly interesting, I will however say that I can see the potential...

Scott, that reads like you have been feasting on poppy seeds or the refined product............
As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.........
Just in a good mood mate. and some like you and M have a good sense of humor...;)
And yes, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, just like my bearded wife! :)

So has simon worked with this trait and found it not able to be reproduced? The trait is reproductable in Kenyan sand boas. Seems early to be sceptical if it is still being worked with.

posted by Simon Stone back in 2008 in another thread
02-Mar-08 09:02 PM
Doc

"The paradox is mine .... but I guess most folk know that. Her name is "Destiny". The picture is not great as she was milky at the time, but I needed a picture for Reptiles Australia. In the flesh she looks absolutely stunning to me - I think she is more stunning than any of the other albinos we have produced. She is bright, bright yellow and white banded (as bright as anything so far produced) with these jet back markings.

This year she laid a clutch of 12 eggs. They all hatched out as albinos and none with the paradox trait."​

Thanks imills but what if the paradox gene is seperate from albinism
Wouldn't you have to produce hets and breed back to them (if its recessive)?

I'd go with interesting - as a newbie I can't see what the fuss is over Albinos - I prefer the standard "look".

Not trying to detract from others - just my opinion

My inexperience and lack of knowledge are showing,i know,but what makes this snake a paradox,or contradiction if you will?it is a gorgoeus snake to be appreciated in it's own way,but how do black sooty marks make it a paradox.am i just not following the thread properly?

I'm guessing it's cos it's albino, it's supposed to have a complete lack of pigmentation, but it actually has some black patches.

I think most of the appeal is due to it's rareness. Not a very common trait at all.

If it were a common thing, I probably wouldn't like twice at it, but I do think it's existence is pretty cool, just not the look lol.

Last edited:
Wow.. that's weird!!!! Would I want to own one - maybe for oddity value only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back