Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks pinoy.nice and simple explanation.i am with darkhorse ,(no offence meant) don't know if i would break my neck to buy one and enclosure etc.if one come my way cool,but maybe not.don't know how i feel about the pigmentation.individual for sure.

I really like it although i'm a bit biased as she is the mum of my het rpm/jag:)

Did she pass her sooty spots onto her offspring?or is it purely accidental?

Apparently it's a trait that isn't passed on in other snakes but some one said they have bred this and found that it did pass, but they don't have pics or anything to support that.

They're still trying to prove it with ball pythons and retics.

(I'm just going off what was said previously)

Brian at BHP said something on them recently. Apparently Sand Boa's have proven genetic but they are the only ones so far. Pretty pointless with sand boas getting anything that looks interesting seeing as they spend their time under the sand.

There are supposedly some genetically heritable paradoxes floating around, proof will be in the pudding on that one. If memory serves, the "paradox albino' condition is a result of chimerism and as such, not genetically heritable. Sorry kids, you'll have to Google that one, I'm too tired! :D

I have bred two progeny of Paradox animals with each other... 1 of which is SXR Destiny's offspring & just standard Albinos were produced. Which proves which is already a given that it is not recessive.... well at least not 1st generation recessive anyway.

There are supposedly some genetically heritable paradoxes floating around, proof will be in the pudding on that one. If memory serves, the "paradox albino' condition is a result of chimerism and as such, not genetically heritable. Sorry kids, you'll have to Google that one, I'm too tired! :D

This is true & I have seen evidence of these animals existence, but I wait to see if they are heritable & it will be as soon as this year I believe.

Last edited:
We must have been there around the same time :)
It's a beautiful looking snake.
Paradox.jpg

i will be your slave for the rest of my life if you give me this snake, what can i say its amazing! im all for exotics but wow! i think this might just sway me a little

That is definitely weird, not a paradox albino but very odd indeed.

yep, its a paradox albino. hatched out 2 last year from a pair of hets

Attachments

• paradox_2up.jpg
    paradox_2up.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 302
Morphed, you could do a bit better with Photoshop...

Why would you bother?

Morphed, why didnt you add onto your other thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back