Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
_MG_0845.jpg

I both love and loathe this place.

Some beautiful work here guys; you should look at putting together for a herpers exhibition somewhere, hire a space and hang some shots :D

A couple of recent shots, taken with a Fujifilm Finepix S1800 (nothing has been edited)

Frangi's
DSCF5055.jpg

Dragon Fly
DSCF5104.jpg

Water Dragon, Centenary Lakes
DSCF2212.jpg

Centenary Lakes, Caboolture
DSCF2177.jpg

DSCF2176.jpg

DSCF2180.jpg

Last edited:
I hate the fact that I wasn't 16 like you Jordan when good digital cameras were available! I didn't get my first digital camera until 12 years ago!!

Some amazing shots throughout this thread; definitely a lot of talent!

I've always had an interest in photography but never really done any thing about it or bought a serious camera/kit. My previous camera failed on me a little while ago so I've been thinking about what to get next.

So I'm getting a Canon 60D within the next couple of weeks. After a bit of a fiddle and some experience, hopefully I'll be able to add to this thread :)

As stunning as some of these photo's are, personally I think if an photo has to be manipulated to look great then I don't think it was a great picture to start with. Not having a go at those who do manipulate pics, just IMO

As stunning as some of these photo's are, personally I think if an photo has to be manipulated to look great then I don't think it was a great picture to start with. Not having a go at those who do manipulate pics, just IMO

I do 100% agree with you - manipulation of photos is a big no no... I've made it the exception instead of the rule to manipulate photos.

However - bare this in mind - the eye and the camera are completely different. While every intent is to make a picture look as the eye could see it, sometimes this isn't possible.

Manipulation (via photoshop etc) of photos is an art form in itself. Although I don't like seeing photos on sites like Redbubble where people see a photo then comment - "Nice shot" when the shot isn't a nice shot but more a "Nice manipulation".

Paul Davis | RedBubble (most photos there are not manipulated in any way shape or form).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back