Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to correct you there :

Het x het = 25% albino, 50% het, 25% normal.

Not even gonna bother discussing the word albino.

:p

Hix

I could be wrong but i recall a few months back a legit albino, not caramel, childreni of some form. I think it was a mac? does anyone remember this?

PS sorry to hijack your thread

yes, there was some T- (white) albino maculosa floating around from memory, never actually saw a photo of one though.

be aware that these are T+ (yellow) albino animals, so the words "legit albinos" do apply to this strain of albinism.

last time i checked, the americans (being far more advanced in albino animals than ourselves) dont class red albino corn snakes as "red corn snakes" they are albinos, but of a different colour strain.

Azztech said:
those animals aren't mine, they are from the same parents as mine.

Azztech said:
no, i have two, from two pairs of parents, each pair contains one pure caramel, and one standard, this makes the entire clutch from either pair of parents HETs.

So the two parent pairs are both caramel x normal = 100% hets. You said the two animals in the photo are from the same parents as yours, so how can they have produced a caramel and a normal (or is it a caramel and a het)?

Hix

no.

i'll break it down.

i will talk about MY female - one of her parents was pure caramel, one was standard.
MY male - one of his parents was caramel, one was standard,

so the was two pairs of parents, both containing on pure caramel, one standard, the reason this was done, was to increase the quality of the bloodline, in hopes to create larger healthier animals, and had success, my young pair, were much larger hatchies, that are eating alot better than previous clutches.

I understand this but you say the two snakes in the pic (not your snakes) come from the same parents as yours.

How can those parents have produced a caramel?

Hix

Dunno about all that but i'm just blown away by that 'yellow phase' mac :lol:

So the two parent pairs are both caramel x normal = 100% hets. You said the two animals in the photo are from the same parents as yours, so how can they have produced a caramel and a normal (or is it a caramel and a het)?

as far as i'm aware, the pair your refering to are a caramel and a HET. and they are from the same LINEAGE as mine (parents are probably a bad word, as craig has used so many different combinations)

but craig has only one breeding pair of caramels, so for any HETS or caramels produced, one or both of those animals would have to be parents somewhere.

Dunno about all that but i'm just blown away by that 'yellow phase' mac

are you taking the piss out of me?

if you don't believe that this mac is yellow, i'll happily take more pics to prove it.

Go for it!

Na just stiring ya bit Azz, i like the female stimi.

they are from the same LINEAGE as mine (parents are probably a bad word

That makes sense. Parents definitely the wrong word in this case.

Hix

Hix, i suggest (if you can) organise to go and see craigs collection. the proof is in the pudding, the "caramels" look twice as good in person, and the whole line breeding "proof" is there.

these animals are the nicest looking antaresia you can buy (except for the unseen T- Macs)
and they are still quite rare. so at this point in time, i'm thinking they should be praised, not questioned to pieces.

Parents definitely the wrong word in this case.
well, i'm gunna confuse the hell out of ya, but technically, they do share the same parents.

as both the caramels that made the het&caramel i pictured, where also used in the making of my HETs, just in a different combination.

Quote: ?
Dunno about all that but i'm just blown away by that 'yellow phase' mac

are you taking the urinate out of me?

if you don't believe that this mac is yellow, i'll happily take more pics to prove it.

Hey Azz, some nice animals there - I would like to see better pics of the mac too (your pic doesnt do it any justice if he is the line I think he is), do you know breeder/lineage details? Is he for sale?
Cheers
Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back