Piet's Albino BHPs - Updated Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that there was an amelanistic Swamp/Marsh Snake that the ARP had. Don't know if they still have it.

:p

Hix

ad said:
The patterning colour does it for me - amazing orange - interesting where bhps 'brown out' it has albino white there.
I just hate the head though - looks like is has had an acid dip or been skun or something.
that colour banding and a blackhead and would be awesome!!

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the pic...

NC,
You can add that redbelly black snake to the list and the vitticeps too!
As you say, what is 'hidden' or hatching this season.
Glad you agree Buck, cause it would look awesome with a blackhead, If I was any good with photoshop Id do it to see what it would look like.
Cheers
Ad

ad said:
NC,
You can add that redbelly black snake to the list and the vitticeps too!
As you say, what is 'hidden' or hatching this season.
Glad you agree Buck, cause it would look awesome with a blackhead, If I was any good with photoshop Id do it to see what it would look like.
Cheers
Ad

Hi Ad, how's it going?
Yes, I forgot about the Vitticeps. I didn't know that the albino redbellies have been bred, I know of a fella in Sydney that has one though.

I reckon the Albino bhp's are the most impressive australian albino's to date, look forward to seeing update shots as they mature.

cheers Neil

Good thanks Neil!, I must admit I only know of the red bellies' existance. I dont think it has been bred.
The vitticeps havent bred either, Im still not sure if any have made it to adulthood even.
As far as the pick of them go, Im not a huge fan of albinoes but appreciate them, Id have to pick the albino olives. They look incredible in the flesh. And consistant colour/pattern look better atm imo - look how gooey everyone went over that white ball python with black eyes. If it wasnt for the marketing of the albino olives they would be a very 'sought after' addition to a collection. This will still happen but in 3-5 years when they have been bred for a while.
The one that sends me gooey is the Hyper Darwin - Wow! I wont one of them!!!!
Cheers
Ad

Once you have an albino you can then work out which animals will carry the gene (I remember "splits" as we used to call them in the bird world).

I was talking to someone about that the other day...is it possible to do some sort of test (dna or whatever :lol:) to find out if an animal is a het for albinism? I'm sure it would be expensive but just out of curiosity does anyone know if it's possible?

Hypo darwin ? i have'nt seen those pic's yet, has anyone got a link?
NC thats the way i look at it too
it is great to see(Whoever is breeding them), gives me a sense of excitement to think, 'what's coming next?'.
i'd just rather see them in oz, rather than overseas - as your aussie hobbyist may be able to their hands on them in the future, but this is only my reasoning and i'm not tring to be malicious at all to our overseas enthueists. jmo

Hypo darwin ? i have'nt seen those pic's yet, has anyone got a link?
NC thats the way i look at it too
Not Hypo, hyper, instead of having no or reduced melanin it has excessive amounts, it's almost entirely black except its belly.

[quote="OuZoI was talking to someone about that the other day...is it possible to do some sort of test (dna or whatever :lol:) to find out if an animal is a het for albinism? I'm sure it would be expensive but just out of curiosity does anyone know if it's possible?[/quote]

Zo, in my day you had to trust the seller that an animal was a split. I guess now with the G Nome discovered it may be possible but I think the cost would be enormous. So I guess it still comes down to trust.

wow..it looks stunning but I still prefer the normal black headed python I think

MH, Do you know if the hyper darwin is in a breeding program atm? and when/if they will be available
Cheers
Ad

ihaveherps said:
i think everyone forgot about the albino blue-tongues as well.
Oh yes, there are a few Albino Bluey's arund the place too, some of these will also be part of the 'Snake Ranch'.

Yep,

Albino Easterns at ARP, albino Blotched in Tasmania and an albino Hosmer's skink at Adelaide Zoo.

Besides the BHP, the only Aussie albinos I've seen in the US and Europe are Pilbara Knobtails.

Cheers,
Johan.
200512082228350.jpg

ARRRRGGGGGG put the instrument down and step AWAY from the lizard! :shock: :lol:

There was an albino Copper head caught down the road from where I live which I think made the cover of Herptafauna (sp ??) a few years back.

The first albino reptile I am aware of that was bred in captivity was the corn snake as shown in the Reptilemania DVD. Actually that DVD is full of albinos including turtles which look really cute as albinos.

As for this white headed python I think it looks at least as good as the regular black headed. I think this species make great captives/pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back