Please Help ASAP! Heating in click clack/tub! PLEASE! :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolameyers007

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I am in the process of 'building' a new tank out of a 30L tub for my Amyae. He is currently in a 3 foot tank and it is just too big so i decided to go with what my breeder recommended. However they have not got back to me on how to heat this thing so I wanted to check before I went and did the wrong thing.

Right now i have a 7 watt heat mat. In my 3 foot tank I have a 2cm layer of reptile sand then the heat mat and then another layer of sand on top. But I have no idea if this set up is idea for a tub or not or if I stick it to the bottom of the tub will it melt or will it burn a surface if i sit it on my draws that i have..

I have made the tub except for the heating with plenty of holes/ventilation on the heating side and then a hole at the top that i have put fly screen over this .. I hope this is ok..

Would be great if someone could let me know ASAP so I can get my boy used to his new surroundings..

cheers everyone!
Nikola :)

all good guys, the person I bought my gecko from has come to my rescue once again! He has made gecko ownership so much easier!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 1.32.26 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 1.32.26 PM.png
    269.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back