Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for all the spelling mistakes in my last post. Probably should have read it before posting it. I'm sure you understand what I was getting at.
The current question (common name of a tortoise) will probably be just as bad. Most species have more than one common name. They should list the source of the common name they come up with.

Daniel

OzGecko said:
The other problem I found was "no subspecies required". Logically I thought the only pogona sp. with subspecies is Pogona minor, so went with that

That's exactly the logic I used to come up with my answer which was the same as yours.

Hopefully I'll have better luck with the turtle one.

Isn't Pogona the Genus Marc? Family Agamide - as per your name hehe
Yep it goes:
kingdom (animalia)
phylum (chordata)
class (reptilia)
order (squamata)
family (agamide)
genus (pogona)
species (yet to be decided :wink:)
I bet I stuffed it up.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that was questioning the species in the photo of the entire animal. It does look very much like vitticeps. Especially the row of spines along the side of the animal, very much like vitticeps.

And yes, the Genus is Pogona and the Species is vitticeps/ barbata. As has been said before, the only Pogona I can think of with a sub-species is Pogona minor minor.

Cheers Rossco.

looks like a vitticeps to me... The guessing bit of the competition keeps it pretty interesting IMO. Al long as not ALL the pics require a whole lotta luck i'm happy :) :) it keeps the playing field level between the elites and us noobies ;)

peterjohnson64 said:
Isn't Pogona the Genus Marc? Family Agamide - as per your name hehe

sorry yes your correct....thats what happens with too much on ya plate at one time ...lol

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm no!!! at the very least this is a "reptile" site wanna the reptile species.....this is just a long bump lol

your all wrong................ its a Hybrid Barbata/vitticep :):):)

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Pogona species in the Southern cross com

I answered vitticeps also,

Simone.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Pogona species in the Southern cross com

I was thinking vitticeps, but forgot to answer the question, due to a uni work frenzy :p Glad i was wrong :p

Thats a vittie for sure, barbatas are skinny bags of bones, not to mention to pointy heads.

I have to say the question in it's self wasn't writen very well, why doesn't someone else (who isn't in the comp) check over the questions before slately posts them, that way there will be no confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back