Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

im sorry really i am

sad thing is i cant even type this without smilling with a big cheesy grin

o how small things make me happy

I also think it's a Vitticeps based on the row of flank spines, a characteristic used in Cogger's to distinguish between the species. Was going to PM Slatemen about it but just didn't get around to it.

And has been already pointed out, Zoos sometimes have the wrong label on an enclosure.

:p

Hix

I did PM slatey the shorty before I posted this thread up...and still no word...I think it needs to be fixed!

your all wrong................ its a Hybrid Barbata/vitticep
Your actually probably right! I forgot to put an answer in but by the pic it looks like a vittie, although true coastal barbata's look alot different from some of the "country" ones that are naturally hybridiseing with vitties. I bet that animal came from such an area, and I bet it has some yellow colouration in it's mouth and was ID as a babarta from it.

Yeah i could see it was a vitticeps by the row of spines on the side straight away, didnt think there was any point arguing.I got ripped off on the baby carpet question too,it was common or scientific name, i said coastal carpet python and got it wrong.When i asked he said he wanted the subspecies, i said coastal carpet is the sub species, never heard back or got the point.It can be annoying.

I actually guessed Barbata, so was pretty happy to have this one right, or so I thought.

With all the problems with the wording of the question and now the answer, maybe this question should be totally deleted.

Mangles said:
I actually guessed Barbata, so was pretty happy to have this one right, or so I thought.

With all the problems with the wording of the question and now the answer, maybe this question should be totally deleted.

no way i caught up a point on some of these front runners :wink:

last bump...I got now love from Slatey...he's going with the experts from the zoo with the incorrect info on the Pogona vitticeps encloure...so there you have it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back