poll

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

who thinks that petshop in sprivale should have there wildlife licsense revoked

• yes

Votes: 144 93.5%
  • no

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • other

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, he is does not have DSE in his pockets, nor is he part of DSE he is the pet trade representative on a committee, as I mentioned look into how RSPCA have dealt with the alleged cruelty to the reptiles, if they are not doing their job get the TV onto it ajdnget it sorted out....look for facts, dont make assumptions!

Amazed

Ha , are you serious! people on this site are sick of you bandwagon jumping nit-wits. You are the one who got up me and then the next posts backed me up! and if you check Horseys thread they are sick of Bandwagon jumping nit-wits as well. Action speaks louder than words!!!!!!!!

And as Sammccarthy would say......... Bump

Depends on what people are band wagon jumping on. Read the first you typed. The one where I had a go at you in turn. If you can't handle the fact that you appeared to be very negative then?

I attempted to say later that you had some good points but it is obvious to me that you are only interested in your self.

If you want to cause a stir then go bake a cake.;)

Ok this is gettin out of hand.....

Now the way i see it (and the only way to do it cos im as stubborn as a goat), just because the authorities have done nothin in the past and seem to be doin nothin now doesnt mean it cant be changed.
We live in a democratic society, and the whole purpose of democracy is to do what the people want.
Now BenDarwin, you said that these threads just stir people up and make people angry, well without anger and emotion nothing will change. Emotions like everyone is expressing here is showing that everone is passionate about the topic and MOST of us are willing to do what ever it takes to get the job done.

The cruelty to these animal;s should not go unpersude because we see them as a $ sign!!!!

Sammccarthy, I think what your doin is great and its people like you that will get the job done despite what has happened in the past and how things are done now. If you need help with anythin at all, just ask. I feel exactly the same way and will push the issue to the very end, Ill go prtest out the front if need be.

Keeping wildlife is a privilage, not a right!!!!

hi.
i think if every person that is concerned for the animals should give the dse a call and tell them your thoughts, also you will get further if you ask to speek with a wildlife officer not backbackers that dont know a lizard from a dog.
also if people could do this in writing as well it would be good just tell them your thoghts on the matter.

sam.

I agree with Dragon Tail and others who suggest the media.
I work in the print industry and it is the way to go.
TT and ACA always ask to email in info for stories, but they need an angle. The same for newspapers.
A few sick and poorly kept reptiles will probably not be enough to get them interested.
Whoever contacts the media, from the state where the shop is, needs to give them something they can 'beat-up.'
Tell them these poor sick, disgustingly kept reptiles are in such a bad state that young children, who might receive or buy them as pets, could be in danger of catching some disease or virus.
Or, because of the atrocious conditions, where these reptiles are kept, could they be carrying viruses or parasites that could infest a family home?
Are people at risk of contracting disease, virus or parasites etc just by entering the shop?
I'm sure a phone call to a journo, detailing possible outcomes similar to these examples could spark some action, especially from a reporter with a local paper.
It's obvious the shop has parasites, but they are behind the counter.
Good luck with it.

i notified today tonight of this story, they called me back and said they had many emails about it and were going to make it into a story

Well good work hornet... lets just wait and see if today tonight do it... did they say when they would do the story?

there is an painfuly slow response that you get from the government and the rspca thats if i do get one but i have been in contact with a reptile vet as i sent him some photos he was disturbed so i ahve asked him to do a report on the health on the animals in that shop he said consider it done. once this is done i will add that to my collection of things against the shop.
i have gone to the media and they have asked me to get more evidence as in pictures, so that it looks depressing in the publics eyes as she said the pics were not very alarming in her eyes.
so i will just keep trying.

sam.

hi sam, ive just finished reading all the posts on this thread and the previous thread when you introduced the problem about the writhing jp, starved monitor and the algae covered turtle. i just want to say you are doing a great job and your actions are making a difference, well done to all the people who are getting involved and its just a shame i never picked up on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back