Post Your Pygmy Python [Anteresia Perthensis]

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gman, I feel your pain. But on the bright side you can get corns, milks, kings, and all that jazz.
It's like most things - win some, lose some. It's hard but we all cope ;)

LOL, People talking about getting them in Ireland and I'm not even allowed to keep them in WA, where they are endemic. Mind you 1200 bucks would get you some darn good wheaties, so it begs the question, why would you even bother with a stunted stimmie.

haha lol tanx benjamind2010:) that just made me feel so much better lol. but i would give up some kings & corns for them wee guys tho:)

@ steve1, how come you aint allowed keep em in WA?

my pair.

malepygmy.jpg

femalepygmy.jpg

Gman1 we have some very backwards keeping laws in Australia and WA inparticular. To put it simply it is not on our states approved keepers list, therefore we can't legally keep them. WA's keeping system is only a decade old and because of the Department of Environment and Conservations percieved rate of non compliance amongst keepers (translates to, that would make more paperwork for us) they will not add any more species, The Rough Scaled Python is another WA endemic that we are not allowed to keep, while most of Australia gets to enjoy them.

hey dottyback they are stunning :)

@steve1 that sounds a little bit crazy & backwards allrite. but i guess its strict for a reason. mad that WA has tighter restrictions tho. we on the other hand have no restrictions as such, we need a licence to keep a dog but when it comes to reptiles we can keep anything & everything. witch prob aint a good ting really. antaresia havent really taken off over here, dont no why tho. so not many people keeping or breeding them so ye dont see too many about especially trying to track down perthensis, god only knows how long ill be waiting to get them lol but sure ive enough other stuff to keep me going till then. but if ye can sneak a pair in the post i wouldn say no hehe :)

Nala - 10 months, female, gorgeous temperament.

Attachments

• nala.jpg
    nala.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 98
  • nala2.jpg
    nala2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 75
Very nice pygmies everyone. I cannot get over what voracious feeders they are. They actually come flying out of their tubs when they can sense feed time is on.
Fantastic little guys that are so beaut to own.

Here's my little girl. I was told she was a year old but looking at all these other pygmys i'm finding that hard to believe. Thoughts?

IMG_2748.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised Sarah. When they hatch they weigh just 4gms.

to be honest im surprised at how big that 10 month is. chainsaw was only tiny.

Ah that's a relief then. I was shocked when I saw the 10 month old and assumed that was normal! That pygmy must be a killer feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back