Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redline

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just wanna no if ppl can get that type of snake, if any1s got it.thanks

Good luck, there pretty hard to find. If you manage to find any let me know as I wouldn't mind getting one myself.

Should they become available over here in the near future and this could possiably be happening ( fingers crossed) both our selfs and Woma's-4-me will have them for purchase. Anyway here are a couple of recent shots taken north of Port Hedland.

hi,
whats the max length they get to,

cheers,
steve.........

According to David Barker the largest specimens approach 700mm with an adult average of between 480 mm to 560 mm. I doubt though that this information was derived from many animals. I would imagine that Womas-4-me would have seen heaps of these critters and he might have a few things to say as he resides in an area where they are reasonably common.

According to David Barker the largest specimens approach 700mm with an adult average of between 480 mm to 560 mm.

thanks for that,

cheers,
steve.......

now i want 1 also.......

david barker thats what he said, and its very unlikely we will be able to keep pygmy's for a few years to come, they say it takes about 12-18months just for a species to be processed and put on license and they have no point in putting these on it.

What's so special about em?Just my opinioin but i reckon they're an ugly as sin childrens no matter how rare they're "supposed" to be.

africancichlidau said:
Are these guys on the list in ANY State?

Every reptile with the exception of crocodiles and marine reptiles (turtles, sea-snakes) are now on the NSW list...so we'll be able to keep them.

Simon Archibald

Some are ugly, but they have a huge variation in pattern. I have seen one's like in the above photo's, but others have been a soft pink with barely any blotching or speckling, others that are solely coloured like dairy milk chocolate with a single line of dots down the neck only. I dont believe they are rare as i see heaps of em. There really are some very beautiful colour forms out there for these pythons.

But on that, i have tonight removed one ( legally mind you ) from a business in Dampier which i havn't released yet. I just pulled him out and the heat pits are at the very rear, but not many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back