Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I am going to step right into the sheate as I usually do because I have no manners, I am abrasive, insensitive and disrespectful.

What was the real reason for removing the snake? Kids were "running up to it" and "harassing it". Right? What would I do if I was the parent? I let you figure out the answer.

Bad, bad michael

What was the real reason for removing the snake? Kids were "running up to it" and "harassing it". Right? What would I do if I was the parent? I let you figure out the answer.

haha i have no idea? put the kids on a leash, let them get bitten so they learn snakes are dangerous, not let them roam around where they could come into contact with something far more dangerous like a huntsman spider or scent them with possum and post it on youtube?

So many options.

Seriously though i dont see anything bad happening at all, both people were concerned and did what they thought was best without just killing a harmless snake. I still think the best the snake handler could do was leave it alone and explain why its not a danger, rather than having others nit picking about them not being extremely gentle and avoiding snake poo. That said it wouldnt be pretty if they had to relocate a hot brown snake(they probably wouldnt offer to if they had half a brain though).

OK, I am going to step right into the sheate as I usually do because I have no manners, I am abrasive, insensitive and disrespectful.

Bad, bad michael

What? Lock them indoors so they can't go outside for a few days until the snake moves on? I don't know, tell me? I am guessing that you don't have young children. Try explaining dangerous to a curious 2 year old and see how far you get.
It must be awesome being so bloody self righteous. This is getting really boring. The snake was moved, the handler didn't move it the way you liked...so what. The snake is fine. I am sure she learnt lessons from the experience. I put pictures up because I thought people might be interested in seeing an impressive snake...I really don't care how she moved it. She helped me out.

I am starting courses in elapid handling. One day out in the paddock, no hooks, jiggers or high boots, no certificate, no insurance and no guarantee. Those afraid of snakes may not apply
Cost: a carton of good red.

Cape-wearing super-hero Pty/Ltd

Taicatch.jpg

haha awesome work micheal but where is your pillow slips instead of hoop bags??? lol

oh i rock a cape too :)

where was that pic taken??

. The snake was moved.... I put pictures up because I thought people might be interested in seeing an impressive snake....

Well said.

great looking snake that's doing it's bit to reduce the feral bunny population. Thanks for the pictures

You could always just let your 2yo get bitten, Im sure they will then understand danger..lol! Nah just kidding thanks for showing us some pics. Regardless of how it was captured and released, at least its still alive and Im sure the catcher has taken away valuable information from her experince to help her next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back