Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the success of last years expo we have gone ahead with a bigger and better one for 2009. It will be held at the PCYC in Yarroon Street in Gladstone again, (but in the bigger stadium) and will be on Saturday 18th April 2009 between 9 am - 4pm (we were trying to keep it on anzac day weekend, but the public holiday is the Saturday this year and we couldn't get access to the venue).

Due to the laws and regulations in Queensland, no animals or accessories can be bought ,sold or advertised AT THE EVENT. Also NO VENOMOUS SNAKES are allowed apart from what we have already organised.

Stall holders are allowed to hand out buisness cards, so if people like what they see thay may wish to get in contact with you AFTER THE EXPO or at a later date. Most of the breeders done very well out of this last year.

FROGS are permitted this year but still no spiders allowed.

If you wish to book a site, please send me PM, email me at [email protected] or call me on 0422 589 221. It is a flat fee of $50/site (for as many reptiles as you like). Tables are available for site holders to use at the venue, some are good condition but some are in average condition, so we are encouraging stall owners to bring some of they're own if they wish.
if You wish to book a site i will need the following information:
- Name
- Licence number
- Amount and species of reptiles or frogs you wish to display

On a side note,Woma's are still an issue with QPAW and we can only show them under a demonstrators licence,so at this stage they will have to be left at home(unless you have a demonstrators licence).we will have a couple on display though.

This information is passed onto parks and wildlife and i will need this information BEFORE THE 5TH OF APRIL.

RULES-
- NO venomous snakes
- NO arachnids(spiders)
- NO unlicenced reptiles
- NO exotic snakes
- NO sick or injured reptiles(extremely important)
- NO other pets or animals(rats,mice birds,dogs cats ,etc)
- Turning up to exhibit without a booking, or with extra reptiles(that aren't on the paperwork i received) will be turned away.
- Children must be supervised
- Tapping or touching the enclosures will not be tolerated
- No buying, selling, or advertising at the expo (plain clothed rangers turn up on the day to check everything)
- You can handle your reptiles, and allow others to (if you wish) but keep in mind, use friendly reptiles,dont handle them to long(give them a break), bring alcohol wipes or sprays to use to help quarrentine, dont wander with the reptiles(keep them in your area).

We have plenty of talks and demonstrations on the day organised including Simon and Diane Stone from Southern Cross Reptiles showing their support again. Another feature is Luke Allen from Venom Supplies and Kris Foster with his venomous demonstration. Koorana Crocodile Farm will be back again this year with their crocodiles and more features are yet to be named.

Awards will be handed out at the end of the day for the "best of species", which will also help out breeders.

Entry Fee is
- Adults $10
- Uunder 15 $2
- Pensioners $2

This is a "not for profit" Expo and the proceedes will be donated to a charity.

It will be a fun and interesting day so come along and check it out.the more site holders the better.feel free to download the poster and put it up around the place if you wish to support the expo and contact me for any info.
cheers
simon
also forgot to add that i will also need your address when booking a site.
cheers
simon

hey brigs i'll chip in on fuel and that mate, looked at this thread a while ago and though eh its to far away but if your going past me why not..

We would also like to see some Turtles here too. Last year Kersten had the only Turtle display. If somebody has some Turtle such as Fitzroys or Mary Rivers that are endangered to show thepublic, that would be great. All other turtles are welcome too, just let Slimebo know before turning up. We'd hate turtle keepers to think we don't want them here.

Cheers,

Kris.

Frogs

Does anyone know of anyone that sells frogs i really want on and i cant find anyone that sells them
thanks

just bumping it back up there.a couple photos from last year

Attachments

• expo084.jpg
    expo084.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 74
  • expo088.jpg
    expo088.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 88
  • expo082.jpg
    expo082.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 88
  • expo089.jpg
    expo089.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 86
Sorry Slimebo - I wish I could make it again but I'll be on my honeymoon this year :-(. I hope it goes well again for you guys and I also hope that I can come and display again in 2010. BTW that's a hot looking GTP Slimebo!! ;-)

Hi Pete, there is at least one exhibitor who owns RSPs but I'm not sure if he's choosing to bring them or not - here's - hoping as I'd love the chance to see them again too! If we're throwing requests out there I'd love to see some Boyds Forest Dragons and Angle-Headeds too :D

I spy an APS member with my little eye in one of those pics there Slimebo....

As Kris said, some more turtles would be fantastic. Despite some expressions of interest in the lead up to last year's expo there was just the one turtle display on the day.

One important thing that needs to be remembered is that QPWS will have representitives there on the day who can conduct spot checks. Please only bring the animals that you tell Simon that you are bringing, extra animals that QPWS haven't authourised can result in the exhibitor being fined.
If anybody turns up on the day that hasn't let Simon know they are bringing animals, we will hve no option but to turn you away.
Kris.

OK guys - after some consultation with my other half we're going to cut short the honeymoon and come and exhibit again at the Qld Reptile Expo. It was so much fun last year we couldn't not do it again this year. Looking forward to see you all there again. We haven't got near to working out what animals we'll be bringing but I'm sure we'll bring some of the faves from last year and a few new guys as well.

Premier Pythons

It will be great to see your animals there again this year PremierPythons,
A great display last year, :)
Cheers
Adam

it will be great to see Premier Pythons here again.his animals are top quality and he may be bringing up a few surprises if i can twist his arm.

A few (not great) photos from the last one. There were some outstanding reptiles there

Attachments

• DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0026.JPG
    DSC_0026.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 48
He's not anti-hair Fuscus - he's a trendsetter! Anyone can grow long lustrous locks on their heads, but it takes a special someone to buck the system and opt for dreadlocks on their back ;)

Good news PP, will be good to see those gorgeous geckoes and GTPs again.

He's not anti-hair Fuscus - he's a trendsetter! Anyone can grow long lustrous locks on their heads, but it takes a special someone to buck the system and opt for dreadlocks on their back ;)

Good news PP, will be good to see those gorgeous geckoes and GTPs again.

personally i'd like to see him turn that back hair into one of those trendy metrosexual mohawks. good to see you making a return visit fuscus.bring any animals up this time or just your camera and fishing rod.i'm sure you have a few you'd like to show off.
cheers
simon

Hey is anyone passin by south east Brisi on the way to the expo with spare space in or on the car, preferably in :lol::lol: ? Thought i had more sucker friends, even with all the news about gettin to see soo many pretty reptiles, just cos they're afraid, bha. but NO!!!

I'll pitch in on fuel :rolleyes::D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back