Reasonable prices for womas and rough scaled pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HayleyChuck93

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am planning on getting an uluru woma hatchling and also a rough scaled python hatchling. What is a reasonable price to pay for them individually? Just want to know so I don't get ripped off or pay more than is the standard amount. :D

A RSP can be anywhere between $300 and $600 and the Woma may be slightly more. All depends where you buy them from. I personally pay a little bit extra and buy from a reputable breeder rather than fb, gumtree etc.

I'm looking at buying a woma hatchling from someone for $420. Is that average or expensive?

Fair price I'd say. Like I said though you would want to have some history ie, locality, feed records, info/pics of parents.

Yeah I've made sure I will receive all of that, just was wondering if I could get it cheaper hahah

Womas usually between $300-$400

got my baby girl(Uluru) for $300 from jenbert pythons

not sure about RSP sorry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
$420 is a bit much for a Woma hatchie imo, I sell both species for $250-$300 each, so if you allow for price variation between breeders you should expect to pay say $250-$350 for RSP and around $200-$300 for Woma's unless they are exceptional animals which may fetch a few more $$$$.

I think I sold my topaz womas for $300 last season. $420 is a bit much for a standard tanami woma these days.

got my Tanami woma last year for $250 from someone on this site,couldn't be happier he has turned into a beautifully marked snake

I get $350 for my RHD Woma hatchling's, I would expect Tanamis to be slightly under that price unless they were exceptional specimens - however if the breeder is close by and a reliable person to do business with then personally I would not be concerned with a slightly higher asking price.

I got one for $200 it died one month later bought another one off a reputable breeder for $250 i trust this breeder and have gone back and will continue to buy from them.

Now I know that $420 is a bit steep
You would need to look through the for sale section of this site or pay for a subscription and place a wanted add rather than ask on the open forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bare in mind that the purchase price is the tip of the iceberg. A cage will cost about the same and feed and bedding about the same every year.If your snake is unlucky enough to require a vet it will probably double the cost. I would recommend you buy locally from someone who can support you rather than seeking out the cheapest purchase which can turn out to be the dearest overall cost. It is often better to pay above "standard " price for better service.

300 is a fair price for a woma that has been started properly ,suitable enclosure is a plastic click clack on a heat mat that should cost very little ,thermostat would be most of the cost for beginner .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back