Reasonable prices for womas and rough scaled pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends what you're looking for ultimately. I'd pay a little more for a "prettier" animal with more intriguing markings. That said, I haven't bought anything for years :D

As others have said womas are around $250-350. $420 is a bit above market price.

Swampie has the best RSP.

I paid $400 for my woma hatchie earlier this year.

I find that link inaccurate.....

Don't know about swampie having the best RSP's, they are all pretty similar I reckon, regardless who you get them from ....all very nice though, definitely a favourite in my collection. :)

I find that link inaccurate.....

Don't know about swampie having the best RSP's, they are all pretty similar I reckon, regardless who you get them from ....all very nice though, definitely a favourite in my collection. :)

I was thinking it was a little inaccurate as well with the GTP's being over $2000 and woma's being $450.

A RSP can be anywhere between $300 and $600 and the Woma may be slightly more. All depends where you buy them from. I personally pay a little bit extra and buy from a reputable breeder rather than fb, gumtree etc.

people love bashing on gumtree but some of the older breeders don't use these forums or reptiles sale sites.... you would be surprised what and who you can actually find on gumtree

I've bought both from you Swampie and would have to say your rsp's and woma's are the best.

Haha, you're too kind Zeke, I'll have to return the compliment and say that out of all the people I've sold snakes to over the years, I think you keep your animals in the best conditions I've seen and it shows how much you care for them....

people love bashing on gumtree but some of the older breeders don't use these forums or reptiles sale sites.... you would be surprised what and who you can actually find on gumtree

Sure you may find one in a thousand on gumtree are good. Still makes the rest crap. I bought 2 snakes from gumtree when I first started out and the first was infested with mites and the second was wild caught with ticks. Luckily I had both quarantined and it didn't affect the rest of my snakes and both were given straight back with a call to OEH.

Like is said personally, I will only by from reputable breeders.

Sure you may find one in a thousand on gumtree are good. Still makes the rest crap. I bought 2 snakes from gumtree when I first started out and the first was infested with mites and the second was wild caught with ticks. Luckily I had both quarantined and it didn't affect the rest of my snakes and both were given straight back with a call to OEH.

There is just as much crap on the other reptile advertising sites as gumtree and the word ''reputable breeder'' gets thrown around a lot. Yes gumtree tend to have more inexperienced breeders on there but you can pick up some really high quality reptiles. To date I have brought 3 snakes off gumtree and I have got more information on these snakes then I have got from some ''reputable breeders''. It comes down to knowing what to look for in a quality snake/collection, rather then just how many snakes they sell or many people know this person.

Last edited:
Quality breeders breeds quality snakes, enough said.

Yes but what I'm getting at is just because they don't advertise on here, rdu or herp; doesn't mean they aren't quality breeders. Someone who is unexperienced and has no idea about what to look for in a health snake, buying off a larger breeder would be safer.

Yes but what I'm getting at is just because they don't advertise on here, rdu or herp; doesn't mean they aren't quality breeders. Someone who is unexperienced and has no idea about what to look for in a health snake, buying off a larger breeder would be safer.

Your right ,i bought a really nice mite phase GTP on gumtree ,the father that is the genetic carrier of the white belly bhps was on RDU several years back. Its just knowing what to get ,some (allot) of sellers get sick of time wasters and offers and you got to know how to say ' ile buy it' .

I price my hatchies from 300-350 depending on locality. But on saying that I like to grow them up until 6 months so the buyers are getting a fully established animals with feeding, lineage history and sexed. I don't like to probe any python under 3 months old. And to be honest the most favourite part of this hobby for me is growing baby pythons.

I would pay more for the right animals (like really nice super pin stripe RHD) but when I got my 1st woma's they were 1800ea and I thought that was a steal at the time. Prices in todays market are fair.

The locality I was looking at getting isn't anything special though. I think I'll wait for an opportunity to get an uluru or boodarie woma because then I'd be happy to pay that bit extra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a load of crap.
Heaps of old school breeders who aren't on forums advertise quality stock on gumtree.
Private breeders on gumtree are a million times better than the crap you get at pet stores.
One in a thousand? what sort of ridiculous statistics are you making up. Yep you had a bad experience. But even a noob should be able to tell if a snake is infested with mites. Sounds like a buyer error if I ever heard one!

I saw a pair of womas sell for $2000 in a perth pet store recently. Some crazy prices in the closed market of perth sometimes. Generally they are selling $400-600 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back