RepCubator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5potted

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has used one of these incubators or knows if they're any good. I'm wanting to purchase an incubator rather than make one so if anyone knows any other types that are good please let me know.

just noticed the exo terra incubator is basically the same thing? anyone used one of those either?

Last edited:
I use hovabators, they work great and dead simple to use and reseaonbly cheap too depending on what model you get.

i am using a repcubator and it seems to work fine !!! only drawback is maybe a tad to small but if ya only doing one clutch at a time (say BHP) should be fine

Wine fridge

Mine heats and cools. Couldn't be easier to make. I was going to buy a heating/cooling incubator but was worried about temp fluctuation. So i made one instead. You need a working wine fridge, a heat mat or cord, 2 thermostats. 1 for the heat source and one for the fridge. Too hot fridge comes on, too cold heat mat comes on. Has held about 1 degree variation all summer in the tropics. Hatched a few N amyae. You can get cheep used wine fridges in the classifies. I just bought a bigger one for next season for $50.

View attachment 194174View attachment 194175Using the Exo as we speak ;) So far I have only some thickie eggs in it but noticed the temp readout on unit is a few degrees different than actual temps inside. I use a digital thermometer inside the unit and go off that temp.

Hmm, judging by the 2nd picture Smithers, the incubator says 33c and the thermo says 29c? 4c is a bit of a difference

Hmm, judging by the 2nd picture Smithers, the incubator says 33c and the thermo says 29c? 4c is a bit of a difference

Yes Sam it is,...But it's a heating and cooling unit so the read out may have been in the midst of upping or lowering the temps. Just gotta use a digi thermometer is all ;)

Yeah fair enough, good thing to know for anyone using them or planning on using one in the future

Yes the Exo Terra Incubator does display a few degrees higher than the actual temperature.If you set them to your thermometer rather than the displayed temperature they work fine.I think there must be something wrong with the calibration as the one i use is set to 33 celcius and runs at around 30 celcius off my thermometer.

Yes the Exo Terra Incubator does display a few degrees higher than the actual temperature.If you set them to your thermometer rather than the displayed temperature they work fine.I think there must be something wrong with the calibration as the one i use is set to 33 celcius and runs at around 30 celcius off my thermometer.

same with mine - amazing A

i like smithers lite in that !! did it come with that colour or did you replace the bulb !! mine is a red unit with white lite !!!

last year i upgraded to a mutli eqiup one !!

same with mine - amazing A

i like smithers lite in that !! did it come with that colour or did you replace the bulb !! mine is a red unit with white lite !!!

last year i upgraded to a mutli eqiup one !!

Hey K-Man, no It's the same globe it came with,..It's a bit like CSI here at night with the blue light... :p

just wondering.
i have just brought the repcubator and do u still need to wet the vermiculite before puting into the incubator?
thanks heaps

Are the temps stable Smithers? Or do they fluctuate during heating/cooling cycles

I have had temp fluctuations with my repcubator but the unit overall does the job. I had some real trouble getting things stable at first and the fan and heat fins in the back of the unit were a bit of an issue. There is a thread in Herp Help named B&W jungle first cluch with all the issues I had.

Are the temps stable Smithers? Or do they fluctuate during heating/cooling cycles

Hey Dan, The temps fluctuate around 2c, which hasn't done any harm to the eggs hatching,...I guess with a fluctuating temp it maybe harder to judge hatch dates but it's fun to keep looking every 1/2 hour lol.

P.S. I found if you put a Chinese container of water in the bottom of unit as a heatsink as well as filling the reservoir (channelled tray) it stabilised the temps longer so the unit doesn't have to heat and cool as much.

Last edited:
smithers, im having trouble with the fluctuations atm. i have one egg tub on the top shelp and one bottom. the top shellf is sitting aroun 29 and the bottom is about 27 and ive got beardie eggs cooking. did the water tub help balance out the gradient at all or just the fluctuations?

- - - Updated - - -

or anyone using one of the alike styles of this incubator??

- - - Updated - - -

or anyone using one of the alike styles of this incubator??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back