Reptile dispatched (Not Happy Jan!!!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elapid68

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just an article about some kids who went and killed a Brownsnake in their back yard.

You might notice at the bottom of the article you are able to leave a comment, please do so. :shock: Just couldn't help myself.

Reptile dispatched

it could have hurt someone, snakes a beautiful creatures, all snakes, ive had a similar occurance happen to me twice, when i was living in victoria we have a tiger snake in our yard and had a ranger come and get it, he told us it was going in the freezer to die, and another when we first moved up here, we have a tiger snake in the garage and it killed itself by the netting we had in there

thats [deleted]!!!!!!

quote: in the backyard of their Clifton Avenue home

and theres a picture of them.... [deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, really news worthy!! Extra Extra........Boys murder native fauna for no reason, Hailed Heros

Added my comments too, thanks for putting this one up elapid!

I think more of the community should know that it is illegal to kill these animals!!

Just emailed the department. I cut and pasted the story and also emailed the link to the story. If a big enough fuss is made, hopefully some thing will come of it.

I was walking home and i saw murderous pitbull, I immediately dispatched it with an old water pipe. I was so brave, it could have killed someone. Imagine my surprise when i found out it was actually a labrador. Still, better safe than sorry. The identification was made harder because it had a harness with a handle on it and what do i know about dogs.

Stupid people shoulden't live where snakes live if they don't like em!!!

Move to the south poll people!!

dispatched @ them!!

Wow, I've created a monster :D Ms Goya Bennett (author of the article) is in for a bit of a shock when she reads all those comments. Well done every one who posted to the Newpapers site. Those comments are coming in thick and fast.
Hopefully the people in the article will see it and see the error of their ways.

As much as I disagree with killing any animal I don't think the kids can be blamed for their stupid actions, the mother should.She should have made her kids aware that they could die if they get bitten & get charged if they kill it, so I can only point blame at the redneck parents

True Kyro, but let's face it, these are not 5 year old children we're talking about. These are supposedly young adults that should be able to think about their actions and the consequences of those actions.

Having teenage boys myself I agree they should be more responsible but unfortunately these boys have the same attitude to snakes as 90% of the population,adults included, which is kill it. I hear of this alot up here in the blue mountains & it's purely because people are uneducated about reptiles so they run for the shovel before they would even consider calling WIRES. Lets just hope that future generations of kids are better educated about reptiles than most are these days, because I really believe that us herp owners kids are unfortunately the minority & that needs to change

There are somw great replies to the news paper!
great response!

Why aren't the RSPCA jumping all over this. Clearly it is animal cruelty, which is there charter to prevent and prosecute.

Obviously because it is not a cute furry animal they do not want to get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back