Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to be the owner of a Jurassic Type Park(Island) and feed all the stupid & ignorant people (you know the ones, a good snake is a dead snake) to the Reptiles.
Darwin's theory of evolution....The stupid ones die first. :wink:

Rhinoceros Iguana, Yellow Anaconda, Bali Reticulated Python (I think they only get to around 3 mtrs), Any Chameleon or Land Tortoise, the list goes on.

Just to go off on a little bit of a tangent and without wanting this to get heated who thinks the rules we have are correct and warranted ? Like I said lets keep this civil and cool. I love exotics and would have them tomorrow as would a great many others on this forum and can't for the life of me see why there is a complete blanket ban on them. Why not restrict it to what can be considered harmless species such as land tortoises etc ?

RE: reptile wished you could get,,,but can

2 iguannas on leishes to walk down the street....and they respond to "ATTACK!"

;)

I wouldn't mind exotics either but I also think the laws are a good thing. I guess they thought Cane Toads were harmless when they brought them over...

Yes but I think we have come a long way since the days when the "experts" thought it was a good idea to introduce one animal to get rid of another. I think laws to protect our wildlife are a good idea but I don't think the ones we have are all that good.

Yes but I think we have come a long way since the days when the "experts" thought it was a good idea to introduce one animal to get rid of another. I think laws to protect our wildlife are a good idea but I don't think the ones we have are all that good.

i dont, why are not native fish, birds, dogs and cat alowed but repetiles and frogs not i think double standeds

I couldn't agree more, we need laws but the ones we have in regard reptiles are ridiculous. That is why we have so many illegal exotics in this country, name a species and it is here. I worked in the UK for a few years sometime ago, when we were returning here I asked about bringing back our wonderful Leopard tortoise (3rd genration captive bred) and was told it was too great a risk to our native wildlife !!! If I had a cat it wouldn't have been a problem and when the cat came out of quarantine I could have released it into the garden to do what cats do, kill things. That would have been fine but not a tortoise.
If the laws made any sense I would be fine with them.

RE: reptile wished you could get,,,but can

I would like any iguana!!!They look mad and are so colourful.

Look, sooner or later, there are going to be SO many of these animals in suburban homes that they won't be able to control it. Eventually they will be legalised purely for the sake of putting an end to the balck market. I know of quite a few of the species listed on this 'wish list' that are kept in Aus....
Apparently, the authorities won't even go to a reported corn snake spotting, there are just so many out there.
For me? An Iguana called Jub Jub ;)

damn pplz and thier exotics what about the BHP's liasis's mate tells you what give me a Aussie herp and day

I would love to have a Komodo Dragon, various species of gtp's, king cobra and black mumba!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back