Rough-scaled python temperament

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's absolutely your decision to post photos which clearly show your bad judgement - you can wear it like a badge of honour if you like. But a snake bite to the face indicates poor judgement... if it had got you in the eye, and one of those long, herringbone teeth had broken off in your eyeball, you wouldn't be smiling so proudly... or maybe you would?

Jamie

I am not embarrassed at all lol I love that photo. I wasn't kissing the bloody thing

Got a boyfriend? Kiss him and handle him to death ...... and just feed your snake. :lol::lol:

Of course it's absolutely your decision to post photos which clearly show your bad judgement - you can wear it like a badge of honour if you like. But a snake bite to the face indicates poor judgement... if it had got you in the eye, and one of those long, herringbone teeth had broken off in your eyeball, you wouldn't be smiling so proudly... or maybe you would?

Jamie

:rolleyes: Did someone get out of bed on the wrong side today? Have you never in your whole life had something undesirable happen, and then decide to make the best of it with a smile? I will remember the goggles and 1m long handling stick next time.

SNAKES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS and stuff.

Last edited:
Cute face it is too.

Temper or not, I'll definitely be adding one (or a couple) of these to my menagerie as soon as I organise a class 2 license.

Demonstrating a very objective assessment there 53ERX :).

Jamie

:rolleyes: Did someone get out of bed on the wrong side today? Have you never in your whole life had something undesirable happen, and then decide to make the best of it with a smile? I will remember the goggles and 1m long handling stick next time.

SNAKES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS and stuff.

Not at all, and you can be as patronising as you like, but you still show very bad judgement - both for putting youself in a position where that can happen, and then being silly enough to post it here. JMO, no need to responsd defensively... no need to respond at all actually :).

Jamie

Thanks Michael lol! I've already got one... that's enough :)!

J

Hey, mistress on the side and you can join the high executive ranks, it's fashionable (and apparently very costly).

Now, was this thread about RSPs? I don't have one, so no comment.

Nah - too expensive and too stressful mate. Like most blokes I'm not good at multi-tasking...

I do have Roughies though, and never been bitten, or even struck at actually! JW gave me a pair 2-3 years ago - they're very nice snakes actually. I was working at the WA Museum when Ron Johnstone collected the very first specimen known to science as well, so I have a sentimental connection, to the snakes and the species...

Jamie

And once again a seemingly innocent post (such as someone sharing a picture of a bite) turns into an opportunity for an expert with 20/20 hindsight vision to cast judgement on an event that they know nothing about. I don't know about you Jamie but when i handle snakes or have to get them out of a large enclosure, they actually do move around, coil on branches and may not do exactly what i want. Despite taking as much care as i can there are occasionally brief periods when one could potentially bite within range of my face. You don't know exactly what happened in that picture so how about you cut her some slack? It was clearly an accident? No one plans to be bitten on the face by a snake. Just as no one plans to crash a car, trip and fall over, drop something valuable or any other kind of accident. Ever have any of those sorts of things happen to you? The fact it wasn't planned is what makes it an accident and none of these events are any less silly than being bitten on the face by a snake. So how bout you give it a rest cause who knows? Maybe an accident could happen to you one day. You might even fall off that high horse you're on.

Jamie would never fall off his high horse, he thinks ahead. Superglue :D

I don't have expirence with RSP's.

But I have a brother and sister MD that are about 4.5 months old.
The girl is placid as and has never bitten me.
The male on the other hand strikes whenever he gets the chance. Although he has hardly been handled... Long story. But I'm working on him.

I will say though. If you make your mind up to handle any sort of Python. Do it and don't hesitate. Whenever I hasitate with the male he goes me. But if I stick to my guns it's like he can sense both scenarios and so reacts accordingly.

The best way to avoid being bitten by a snake in a large enclosure, Striker, is to roll up just one sheet of newspaper, so it's very light, and if a snake looks like having a crack at you, just gently touch it on the nose once or twice. In 99.999% of cases, the snake will back away and be so distracted you can then do what you like with it.

If you need any more advice, just ask the master :):):)

Oh, and I do fast motorbikes, but not horses, so when I do come to grief, superglue probably won't help very much :(

Also oh... don't look too closely into a bag containing a snake either...

Jamie

Whenever I hasitate with the male he goes me. But if I stick to my guns it's like he can sense both scenarios and so reacts accordingly.

I love this thread.
Do you wear you 45 magnums hang low every time you get close to your snakes? No offence mate, I just had to lough. :lol:

i get the neighbours kids to look into the bag and let me know where the sharp end of the snake is before i get em out. This method also works well for me to avoid getting bitten.

None taken. I guess I did kind of set myself up for that one.
You get what I mean though. Lol.

I did Tobe404 - if you are decisive when you deal with your snakes, you are less likely to get bitten. Hesitate, let them know what you're up to, and they develop a strategy to get you first...

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back