Rough-scaled python temperament

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up my little roughie from Swampie yesterday, and she hasn't showed any signs of aggression towards me...although she did bite my girlfriend this morning when she went to pick her up. She wasn't impressed. Hehe. Besides that one bite, she's been great, and is inquisitive and doesn't seem to mind being handled.

Beautiful animals.

I am not so sure about the anti coagulant thing, I doubt it. Possibly but I doubt it. Only reason is that when ever I am tying steel reinforcement together for a concrete pour and I get cuts or spiked off the nipped ends of the tye wire I bleed like a stuck pig too. Definatly no anti coags in that. I think it may be more the depth of the punctures rather then the size that causes the bleeding.

My little fella is not even the slightest bit snappy

I wouldn't say mine is either. I just think my partner was too eager to pick her up first thing this morning, and she didn't do it the way I'd shown her. Whoops :p

Not sold on the anticoagulant thing either. Elapid venom iscapable of toying with clotting times but as far as I am aware there is nothing in python saliva capable of this. I agree that it's just the type of injury. If I give myself a decent sized graze it manages to stop bleeding within a couple of minutes. But nick myself with the razor or get my finger with a knife and it bleeds for ages. I think it has something to do with the sharpness.... Perhaps it's harder for the body to heal a clean cut/puncture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back