Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that they are just awesome! They will certainly be on my 'dream' list.
The fact that they are a rarity appeals to me. As more people get into the hobby and the demand rises...so will the price! It is definately a supply and demand market.

Thanks hazz for my christmas pressie ;)

I love that pic of it starting straight on at the camera! Awesome stuff. I was lucky enough to handle a pair of these recently and they just blew me away - pictures do not do them justice. They are gorgeous animals.Their eyes freak me out! They look a little evil. Definitley on my wishlist!

Will they change the laws in Victoria, do you think. Or will us victorians just have to suffer an agonising jealousy.
I would love one.

Will they change the laws in Victoria, do you think. Or will us victorians just have to suffer an agonising jealousy.
I would love one.

ive heard that they are trying to get them on to our licenses.

when they do though, i would love to get a pair.

I never used to like them. When I first saw photos of them I thought they looked like pretty average Morelia and nothing more than that.

The more I see of them, however, the more I like them. From what I've seen, they're about the only adult pythons I've seen that still look "cute" as adults!

On top of that, there's still the "cool factor" involved in owning the only (known) species of python in the world with keeled scales! :D

All of that said and done, I don't see myself buying any in the near future.

I agree with Hazzard here these pythons really are extraordinary. It won't be long before more keepers start to desire this species.
I thought they were rather average when I seen the original photos, it wasn't until I seen and watched this species that the appeal began for me.

Here are a few shots of mine.

Attachments

• P9032696.jpg
    P9032696.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 77
  • P9032725.jpg
    P9032725.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 65
  • P9152799.jpg
    P9152799.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 81
  • P9152864.jpg
    P9152864.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 71
i used to stare at the photo of the single preserved specimen that existed back in the eighties...

Me too , I kept going back to that pic in Graeme Gows book and years later I was so excited to hear of John Weigel actually hunting them and finding them.....:)

One day I will have a pair of these enchanting animals .. money doesn't matter when you're in love :):):)

Hey Brett. those pics of your roughies are tops. They are a truly beautiful Morelia. I think at the moment with greens and the albino morphs attracting all the attention at the high priced end of town, roughies have had to take a back seat. It will take time, but I feel these snakes will gain a lot more attention once they become more available. These animals are the closest python in looks and colour changing ability to a Oenpelli Python. Most SERIOUS herps would regard the O.P. as the most desirable python species that they would like to keep in Australia. This will possibly never happen and the roughies would have to be the next best thing to them. It's a bit like people don't appreciate what's in there own backyard. This is Australias rarest python.
cheers mate, rex

you'll either love them or hate them but they are a true awesome python for so many reason and i'd love a pair of them in the next few seasons. And if the price does keep going down that will be a bonus.
It's all about what your prepared to pay for the python of choice. Great pics keep them coming.

I think that all people legally able to buy them, for whatever price should be thankfull that they have the opportunity to buy them if they have the money...Living in WA there are MANY MANY herps that no amount of money will let us legally aquire...

When you take Victoria and WA out of the potential market it obviously impacts significantly on demand and subsequent price for RSPs. The price changes have been no more dramatic than say Womas and BHP which also seem to be around 25% of the prices achieved three years ago.

great shots guys. love roughies, they are better in the flesh!
for those who arent buying this species because of the drop in price, are you only in it for the money? sounds a bit money hunrgy to me....which is more common then not these days anyway imo (no one in particular)

I absolutely love them.
I find it extremely difficult to spend more than $1000 on a single snake.
It goes against my nature........lol...lol
But maybe one day i'll change hey.
Very Nice roughies guy's, I'm very jealous.

I can't wait until i can get a PAIR of these absolutely rare pythons in captivity, they are awe inspiring and they are the newest python species onto our books.The potential is endless to what we will find out about these pythons in the future.

Number one on my books.

Congo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back