SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they must have theis signs wrong then mate but i cant see that happening

i know you have been around for a long time and all of that and i fully respect you and the work that you do but like i said i am only relaying what was written in the placard

Yeah man I think they've dumped a Coastal into the Inland enclosure or something. Check out the photos of the Inland I posted earlier, or Bobs, or the one you just posted yourself...they are all light in colour. They turn pretty dark in winter but that's still 6-8 weeks away...plus it's head is rather Coastal like...

mate im not that dumb i knew an inland tiapan was a fierce snake, i just always thought they looked different. on a show 2day they were black. im more of a carpt guy myself

i cant say this enough times i am only telling you what is written, in real life he looked like the snake in the bottom pic on the page i posted.... and they say it is an inland also.... might be a lighter colour variation or somthing like that but he was an inland they only have two of them there and the sign had the full write up on them.... I didnt post this to prevoke backlash or insight a revolution i just wanted to share a small part of my day with you all

Thanks
Matt

stockeh,

Compare your 2 shots to the pic of my Taipan. You will see they are almost identical. Only Coastals have the white heads. Inlands heads are either very dark or mustardy, never white. Also, if you look at the inland on the web site you quoted, you will notice even though it is in the light coloured summer mode, it still has distinct black flecks on the scales. Taipans do not have these flacks. I am sorry, but you were had. That was a pair of Taipans in the Inlands cage. I guarantee you if you rang them tomorrow they will set you straight.

hey stockeh, did you go to the VHS BBQ in Ballarat? If you did, was it any good? Any more pics? because i missed out on it bt really wanted to go!

How dare you stockeh,,, Taking someone for their word lol. I think you are all wrong, it looks a lot like a pygmy possum eater to me. I can tell because it has scales. I have to say that it would be good to be in the perfect world where differnet variants never accour in snakes, hm that would make it easy to identify every time. The fact is however that there are a lot of variants within the world and to go on and on about this pic and that pic is ludicrous. I hardly think that a reputable zoo would be so stupid as to place the wrong snake in the wrongs cage. For starters they can open themselves up for a world of critisim not to mention other proceedings.

Sobrien no ii didnt mate i went there today with my family... did you know they have snakes there ...lol...

cheers cwarren all i was trying to do was share... i didnt think they would make a mistake either...but......... lol

Cwarren72. Happens all the time, but only people with a little knowledge pick it up. The ARP at Gosford regularly put a common Cobra in the King Cobras cage. The average person just does not know. As for you colour variation explanation, no way , no how. They had the wrong snakes in the wrong cage. 100% sure. No colour variation can ever change a species and the pics shown by stockeh were off Coastal Taipans. I have been keeping these snakes for over 30 years so I should know what they both look like.

I knew they had snakes, but i wasn't sure how many :) . The problem is that it ages away from me :(. Is the place any good (reptiles wise)?

yeah it is good mate we had an excellent day.... it isnt the biggest place in the world but it is well set out and the main focus of the place is their reptiles...

Well worth the trip where would ya be coming from... i am in hoppers crossing and it took us about an hour to get there so it wasnt too bad

I'm in the Brighton area, so i maybe next time I am brought out to Roy Pails, I convince my parents to bring me there :twisted:. It's good to hear that there is somewhere in Melbourne where the focus is on reptiles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back