School Assignment..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DO NOT do religion in high school, and if possible avoid schools that force u to do it

i almost failed hsc religion, i know what im talking about :)

Well it is a bit hard after I have already read it the first time and it said nothing about some stupod a$$ question, I am not having a go at you guys I just dont see why this thread had to be posted here, maybe i am not being reasonable because I am so angry atm, but hey, there you go. U wanna know my answer for this thread??????? nothing!! the question and the options for answers are completely stupid

That's more than fair Baritji. Adults have difficulties grasping concepts that this teacher is asking kids to research and present.
Hang in there and positive thoughts to your Mum.
rina

i know how u feel baritji my father was diagnosed with lung canscer and for 18months me and my little brother went through hell only to find out it was only an absus on the lung dont know how they could make a mistake like that but i just wanna ****in crush their skulls because they made me go through that.Does anyone know what its like waking up every day knowing that your father may only have a short time to live.Anyways hes alright now but i have waisted 18months worrying when i couldve been out partying with mates that just makes my blood boil.U know it just feels good sharing my feelings even if i dont really know u (everyone)thanks

I am glad we could help in someway bkgone and fantastic about your dad.
Regards Rina

religeon teachers are evil in high school. they ask you a question you answer it to the best of your abilitysand they say what is the spirtural meaning of the answer. its not even a real subject. its only good for getting out of school for reflection days(we sit around all day listening to people about the bible) and if you want to become a preist.

Yup I hated religion class in Primary School. I took great joy in questioning the so called "Good Book" and confused many a religion teacher.
Ive been asked these sort of questions before. The purpose is to see how your belief system works. In religion class its asking you whether you would play god. By curing a widespread disease you are destroying a significant element of the natural world, and by taking the lives of the children you are also justifying the lives of one group of people over another. A "supposed" concept of catholicism is that everyone is created equal and no matter what the reason, you cannot justify the killing of one to save another. This is however bulls$%& considering the current church stance on many issues.
If this IS for a religious class than your answer would be "No, killing someone is not right no matter what the reason is, and we cannot attempt to alter god`s great plan" *hurles*
Its what the religious peeps like to hear, believe me. I have religious relatives and I can religiously bulls$%& my way out of anything. :D

Cheers, Jay

ps. I have lost grandparents from said disease too, though this question is not cancer in particular. It is meant to represent any number of things that kill a large group of people. Its one of those things given a false identity you have to look past (sort of like some art forms, though this is far from artful).

saikrett said:
we have similar problem tommo in biology doing evolution

Yeah I have religious books that say dinosaurs are only a few hundred years old and fossilisation can occur in a matter of months :shock: lol

Cheers, Jay

I think the teacher is looking at the kids questioning whether the student as an individual would sacrifice 5 children for the 'greater good' of providing a cure for mankind. Really twisted. What happened to ensuring kids were proficient in the 3 R's.

I'm really glad we had no religion in school here. If you want religion in school here, you go to a private school and pay for it. With money that is, therapy is not included int the cost of tuition.

I think some of us are missing the point here? This is I believe, NOT the teachers question but Belle's little brothers?

the q asks morality VS greater good, nuthin to do with little kids

but then agen this is religion we're talking and lately on the news its been priest + little kids...

ah hell just delete the post, not as if its any value. (no offense)
A gal from my school recently went to a private school for three days. She said she wasnt getting the right education at my school. When she returned she told us of how they prayed 50% of the time and did no real work whatsoever. Muhahahahahahahaha.

Cheers, Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back