School Assignment..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, yes Mystic, thats why it better be a BIG yabby pump

As person who travel a lot and had company in china, I must say that chinese way of running country and giving people they rights slowly,( not like russians ) is the best way to accommodate peoples needs. I hate communist governments as I had to run a way from my homeland because of communists. But chinese government must do something right. After war the people of china was hungry and poor and russians had everything. Look at them now. China is doing well and people live best as they ewer lived. Russians are in trouble with all the quick freedom. They should keep Gorbatchov in power longer and continue the parastroyka.

What is your thoughts on population control in general Slatey??????

The Chinese "solution" was the only one available to them at the time. It is not a good solution nor is it sustainable. There is a large sex imbalance (far more boys than girls, I heard numbers like 20 million more) and a large number of unofficial second and third children, who cannot even attend schools. Both will cause major social problems in the near future.
And IMHO, the only acceptable form of government is near true democracy, unfortunately even that is not very good. I'll lived under a military government, and that was BADDD.

OK one thing that has always bothered me about catholics. Is why do they always bloody preach on about giving our money to the less fortunate etc. Look at how bloody rich they are, the catholic church is worth hundreds of billions of dollars, why not give their money away?? pfttttttttttttttttttttt typical isnt it, say one thing do another

My opinion on china one child policy is that they have no alternative. They do have it under some control. Do not forget that this policy is applied only to people in the city. Country people do not have one child policy. Yes they do have problems with that, but benefits are greater. With out it the urban areas would be overpopulated by now.
And regarding government in china, It is easy to judge from our perspective in rich and prosper australia.
You would have mabe different opinion by living in Russia or Indonesia. They would love to achieve same like chinese. Again you would have to live there for some time to understand the problem. Just keep eye on chinese, they are coming to be real superpower and in the future they get more success. They are changing to democracy slowly and government do release they grip on power bit by bit so the country do not drop to anarchy as many other eastern countries. That way the china do not break to 100 little chinas like USSR. They do have better chance to compete against USA if they are united and strong.

About this whole one child law thingo....What if they have twins? I heard they used to kill one or something?

Read my links at the top of pg 6 Belle :)

p.s. I meant the global population slatey, how do you think we should control it? :)

I must say that if we were to cure all the cancers in this world, then it would be dramatically overpopulated (it already is)

If you are Christian, think of it as God's way of keeping the population balanced. If you arn't, think of it in more scientific terms. Big population + need for more housing = destruction of more forests ect. Big pop. + need for more food = destruction of forests ect. Big pop. + need for more resources = decemation of the natural resources which take many hundreds of years to grow/form.

I have lost many people to cancer including my grandfather (prostate & skin cancers) and my uncle (acute Myloid Leukemia). My other uncle also has Leukemia but he is in remission (for the 3rd time) and I have suffered from ovarian cancer and can never have children (It was either have my ovaries removed or die) my father is constantly having skin cancers removed from his body and breast cancer runs in my mothers family.

So I know the effect that cancer can have on a family.

Unfortunatly, what I have just said makes me a hyppocrit. Because of our research and advancement, I was saved from dying as was my uncle.

Good point Amy, never the less, eventually, [sooner rather than later] we [humanity as a whole] must face the question of controlling our population, since colonisation of other worlds is probly centuries away from possibilty, the point of complete saturation[max population] could be as close as 100 years, unless of course we damage the planet so much in the meantime in greedy pursuit of tecknology that we cannot grow food enough any longer. I think within 20 years there will be global war [for space and resources] if not nuclear, and guess what big open spacies country, rich in natural resources will be the prise! I guess attempted invasion of australia by either china or india [2 worlds largest populations] and defense of australia [for their own agenda] by America. Then when you throw in the desire to control oil intrest[in the middle east], ..........All in perhaps! either way, not to bright on the horizon. :(

Or that probe that landed on Mars could find intelligent life and they help us move 1/2 the pop onto mars and we all live happily ever after before any wars happen? Ever the optimist, thats me.

Seriously though, your idea could happen and so could many other things, it's the price we pay for the technology we have.

Hey Wattso since we are spreading racial paranoia why not also mention the very real likelyhood of islamic invasion, or dont they fit your left wing political agenda?

Parko said:
Hey Wattso since we are spreading racial paranoia why not also mention the very real likelyhood of islamic invasion, or dont they fit your left wing political agenda?

Say what????? whos spreading racial paranoia? think about it, 2 billion pop in china and india is close, here we are pop 20 million? on a land where only the coast [mostly] is populated, you dont think its a possibility. Why do you think boat people continue to come, they want to escape persecution, etc. If i were living in india or china ,or many countries for that matter, australia would be looking very inviting. as for islamic invasion its also likely, but as a flood of refugees rather than as a military force. correct me if im wrong. i dont have any political agenda, full stop, left right or otherwise, i hate politics. :? please explain :)

wattso said:
I guess attempted invasion of australia by either china or india [2 worlds largest populations] and defense of australia [for their own agenda] by America. Then when you throw in the desire to control oil intrest[in the middle east],(

Is a nation being overpopulated and poor reason enough to guess they will invade you?(Racial paranoia) China and India are 2 of the few third world countries in the world making serious efforts to improve their lot through trade and modernization yet our left wing idealists insist on hounding them. Very rarely does the political left criticise Islamic nations for their barbaric ways or disrespect of other nations borders, refugee policies etc etc.
I may have misjudged you and you honestly dont mean to often express ideals which are being pushed by the political left. Maybe your ideas fit so well into the political left spectrum without you realising it? It's not a crime to be a Left'y you know. All respect intended even if I fail to show it my friend.

PS Glad Saddam's out of power?

LOl, on the other hand America might just aswell decide to take over here, they are pretty keen on playing world policeman. Yes Im glad Saddams regim is over. Im no more happy with dictatorship than anyone. I thought it went without saying that islamic nations are a bunch or murderous mad bastards but they simply dont have the military might to invade us[that im aware of anyway] especially given thanks to john howard we are Americas lapdog. America has its own interest to pretect in protecting us. As human rights issues go you are right, its generally been china and such in the spotlight despit very cruel and evil; islamic regims in the middle east. But they have the oil see, who wants to upset them? get my point? :D p.s paranoia and speculation is what kept the cold war going. very interested to see how bullyboy america will respond to north korea.

:lol: Ahh Wattso, I definately have things to say about the above sentiments, but not tonight as my beautiful wife is calling for my sweet loving, and I definately know whats more important to me! Another day mate. :wink:

Just clocking in, 12.57am, not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back