Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim_Jackson

Reaction score
hey all, ive got a 2 and a half year old diamond python who hasnt shed for 4 mths, he is still eating every 7-10 days, his enclosure is at a temp of about 24 degrees. any help would be greatly appreciated as i am rather new too all this. cheers :D

Similar here. I have a 16 months old Bredli python girl who eats a 2 week old rat baby once a week and has not shed for 3 months. How often should they? And is it normal that an fully grown adult python sheds in winter, when they should be brumating? It happened today with my 7 year old Bredli male, which surprised me.

Are you saying he does not have a temp gradient? Just constantly at 24 degrees? I'm a newbie too, but he needs access to a warm end too.

At 2 1/2 years old the cycle of shedding tends to slow down a fair bit. Some will only shed 3 - 5 times a year at this age and onwards, nothing to worry about unless you can tell it's going into shed and is taking much longer than usual or is actually having problems during a shed.

cheers for that, do u think its worth making his enclosure more humid?

what temps do you have, because coming from down south the climate would b colder

At 2 1/2 years old the cycle of shedding tends to slow down a fair bit. Some will only shed 3 - 5 times a year at this age and onwards, nothing to worry about unless you can tell it's going into shed and is taking much longer than usual or is actually having problems during a shed.

cheers do u think making his enclosure more humid would help or just let him go?

Are you saying he does not have a temp gradient? Just constantly at 24 degrees? I'm a newbie too, but he needs access to a warm end too.

its about 28 at the warm end and about 24 at the cooler end. ive heard diamonds have cooler temps because they are from the southern states

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump the temp up to 28-29(unless you're cooling) warm end and don't let the cool end get below 22(except overnight can be to about 18 or so) and make sure there is sufficient enough water, this should give you enough humidity for him easily and if he's ready he'll shed when it's time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back