Shop Broken Into Last Night Exotic Birds Stolen

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer is one of those used for transporting goats or small ponies. Looks like a car from a farm.
First guys right leg step was out. Like he walked on the outside of his foot and it crossed to the centre near his left foot.
Must be a group of people up the road. Seemed they were waiting for them to leave as the dude kept checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
id hate to say , but bollards and workers vests are easy to get [ for bollards see any road works] and the vests can be brought from any saftey shop . as for the ute it looks like a ba-bf xr6 - or xr6t colour looks like ergo. either way the xr6 badge has been taken off the bottom side skirt .

I guess the question is why would he have it.....why would he choose to have great big flourescent jacket like that ? Unless he needed it for something. And why would you use bollards.....and not something else ?

We can surmise all we like......as Renenet said its an awful lot of effort for two birds and a till that most likely would only have a small float in it anyway.....

Such a lot of risk for very little return in my opinion...then again we are talking about a pair of deadshits arent we.

I put the video on my facebook in the hope someone might know them. I hope everyone here does the same.

the bollards and vest was to try and make them - the car and what they were doing there legit .
i had herd that living jungle in springvale was robbed the same night , using the same ute ? anyone know anything about this ?

Well no positive news but they reckon the car and trailer is theirs and just the plates were stolen as there has been no trailer or car like that been reported as stolen. Living Jungle Sunshine had birds stolen a week earlier and description was a fat and skinny guy with a hard top ute so could be related. I have attached the picture of the bollards but they look like standard old ones to me. I need to find time to go through the last week of tapes of inside the shop when we were open as I reckon fatso would be easy to recognise.

Bollards.jpg

I guess the question is why would he have it.....why would he choose to have great big flourescent jacket like that ? Unless he needed it for something. And why would you use bollards.....and not something else ?
Prety much any industrial site that you go onto will require hi vis clothing and will issue shirts, jackets etc. Bollards can be bought from any safety ware store or knocked off from numerous road work sites or construction sites, or found in uni accomadation :rolleyes:

My guess is that someone put an order through that they wanted a pair of macaws and these dooshes are filling that order, supposadly happens quite a bit with cars etc.

Most of what they did is just making them being there look like they are doing something legit, being safe and all. If you look suspicious people will notice, if you look like you are suposed to be there no one will take a 2nd glance.

I hope they catch the buggers

I dont think Paul will be keeping anything nice in the shop ever again......
the whole thing is just devestating.......

I know what I would be keeping in the shop. A couple of hungry Rotties or similar.

If this was America pretty much anything goes.[/QUOTE]
Lol not hungry mate, Just guard and attack trained, You don't want A lawsuit over A dead thief as well as stolen birds
And yeh AA any news on the scum who stole these amazing birds

And guard dogs are legit in AUS as long as the property is properly signed with warning signs on all entrances. If I had an albino olive at my home my dog in my avatar would be trained to bite and hold so I could personally deal with them when I get home :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
i needed a couple of bags of red desert sand the other day so i thought id throw them some business and go see the damage, i noticed the window was kinda broken still broken but bored up, u thinking of maybe changing the door maybe with a solid steel beam dividing the two doors in the middle to maybe reinforce it a bit more to heed of low-mid level thieves or maybe a really loud alarm system with flashing blue light in the window ?

What losers hope they get caught soon. Looks like they moved the car so many times to get the trailer to block the view of the doors from on coming traffic. What did the fat guy take with the vest?

brayden, the till

a thought with the ute and trailer i wonder if they possibly altered the rego with black tape to hide the real one, if i was the cops i would still be doing a check on all cars fitting that description then checking their rego against the one they got from the CCTV footage, heck i would probably be personally checking them all out, they must own the trailer too and probably did the same thing with its rego

why they are NOT checking out every single matching ute registered in a 200km radius is beyond me

we really need the ANPR things they have in England, by now you would probably have the birds back, to be honest we need to adopt a lot of the things they have in England, their own CCTV coverage is fantastic and rarely does anyone get away with anything and if they do the CCTV operators can follow them home and the cops just knock on the door and invite them out for a cuppa

ive placed it on my FB and in another site and have asked VIC people to pass it around to all the VIC friends/family too

fingers crossed they are found safe and soon

brayden, the till

a thought with the ute and trailer i wonder if they possibly altered the rego with black tape to hide the real one, if i was the cops i would still be doing a check on all cars fitting that description then checking their rego against the one they got from the CCTV footage, heck i would probably be personally checking them all out, they must own the trailer too and probably did the same thing with its rego

why they are NOT checking out every single matching ute registered in a 200km radius is beyond me

we really need the ANPR things they have in England, by now you would probably have the birds back, to be honest we need to adopt a lot of the things they have in England, their own CCTV coverage is fantastic and rarely does anyone get away with anything and if they do the CCTV operators can follow them home and the cops just knock on the door and invite them out for a cuppa

ive placed it on my FB and in another site and have asked VIC people to pass it around to all the VIC friends/family too

fingers crossed they are found safe and soon

As much as these people need catching, I loath the day we go down the same path as England, mind you it is slowly happening. Don't know about you but I really don't like the idea of being constantly watched when I have done nothing wrong.

Ive got nothing to hide so I dont have a problem with it....and if it means low lives get caught...all the better

I lived in England for 3.5 years. The CCTV isnt everywhere......just in the high crime spots, and don't think they get everything right....without changing topic there are somethings that are sorely lacking there.

I do think checking the rego against using tape to change it is an excellent idea. Paul can you ask the police to at least consider it ? The blokes who did this I cant beleive they would be organised enough to have a stolen car to do the break in with as well.

As low an act as this is, no persons life was hurt, threatened or put in harms way.
So it will be a low priority for the cops, the only hope they have of catching them is if someone recognises them and lags or they get caught doing it again.

No news yet but have been told by police investigator that they are going through car and trailer regos that match description. They said it could take a while. We are still going through the in store CCTV from the few days before hand but it takes a while. Hopefully some good news soon!

fingers are tightly crossed that these two individuals are bought infront of the courts and given something more than a slap on the wrist. but as much as i hope justice prevails, i hope more that you get your birds back and back in reasonably good health, (i'm not silly enough to think they'd come back in perfect health, i know how quick birds can go down hill)

thanks for the update.

I can't believe these idiots have not been caught yet!
You would think the police would be on top of this by now.

Although most members on here care deeply about this incident, the sad thing is the police probably don't at all and it's not going to be at the top of there today list and unless someone rings up and dobs them in they most likely will get away with it

Agreed scorps, They will probably designate A few more speed cameras or something usless instead of chasing petty crime. Even though these birds go for 5000+ and require expert care. I find it the Australian police force disgusting but that is my opinion and not related to the topic. And AA any news as of yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back