Shop Broken Into Last Night Exotic Birds Stolen

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good thing the cops caught 1 scumbag,pity they can't waterboard the *********g a******* to get the other scumbag,might lead to less crime.Lets go back to the old days when a copper would give them a size 9 up the a***. There is no respect for law and order anymore.

I was beginning to think it was going to be one of those many unsolved case, but thankfully it seems not! If the cops know the identity of one guy, they should be able to find out who the other mongrel is. Hopefully, that will lead to the recovery of the birds and maybe a good result for Living Jungle, too.

I wonder where the person who called in the tip saw the footage. I'd be interested to know if it was through social networking.

i would like to know too, though will understand if they dont want to give out that information

i had it on my FB, a few friends in Vic put it on their sites, i also placed it in a local forum and i know heaps passed it around from there so im guessing its a pretty good chance it was seen somewhere on the social network

fingers crossed it wont be long till the others caught as well and the birds returned, with their value wouldnt this be a case of grand larceny? or is that only in America? if so whats the Aussie equivalent?

Surely won't be hard to find the other guy, i bet if they check the dude's phone records from the day of the offence there would have been some contact between the two of them. The good thing about this idiot not giving up his mate or location of the birds is that it ensures his penalty will be much harsher, and duly so.

glad to hear they have at least caught one of the t@rds

hopefully the others packin darkies and the birds are returned,still amazes me how many cars went past them and no one seemed to click

That's what I was thinking too Richard and probably the most frustrating thing of the whole saga. Having seen the video umpteenth times if u watch closely and note when the cages are outside the store, how many cars drive past. U can't tell me that the drivers of those cars were that pigeon eyed that they didn't even "glance over" at what was going on.

Oh and they weren't exactly budgie cages either.

Meh.

glad to hear they have at least caught one of the t@rds

hopefully the others packin darkies and the birds are returned,still amazes me how many cars went past them and no one seemed to click

A few years ago some reptiles were stolen from Australia Zoo, the most stupid thing was security watched it all unfold and didnt intervene because the thiefs were dressed in khaki shirts and shorts just like the keepers wear and security assumed it was all legit, its amazing how a uniform (or a close enough resemblence) can give people a false view, a high vis vest will never raise eyebrows because people rarely question someone who is being obvious in their actions and movements..

Case is basically closed. They have caught 1 guy and reckon the bird is long gone. At least it was some sort of result!
AA

That's a shame you lost the bird. Wherever he is, I hope he's alright.

i am so sorry to hear the bird is probably long gone, lets hope someone sometime finds it and rings the cops

I had been following this...and perhaps I've just forgotten, but was the Eclectus found? As everyone is only now discussing one bird?

Pathetic they've decided to close the case. especially with repeat offenders taking big ticket items.

Well thats a big loss and exspensive birds hope the thieves are caught or the birds returned

sad thing is if they been caught they probs aint gona give up the person that paid them or sold it to because they don't have to and might get bashed or worse for doing so, it will turn up one day as the guy shows it off or if cops ever raid his house

I had been following this...and perhaps I've just forgotten, but was the Eclectus found? As everyone is only now discussing one bird?

Pathetic they've decided to close the case. especially with repeat offenders taking big ticket items.
They did get one Eclectus that was stolen from elsewhere. We did not get either bird!

They did get one Eclectus that was stolen from elsewhere. We did not get either bird!

Sad then people seem to have forgotten about him :l

Very sad. I hope at the least the birds somehow...although unlikely...werent fretting too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back