Should these people be allowed to keep snakes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it say no animals were harmed during this video when the mongoose latches onto the cobra and is hanging off it, it had to be harmed to some extent :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't think i'm allowed to say what i'm thinking on this site so i'll just say this: IDIOTS!

I've said it before - different cultures have different values. I don't particularly like it either, but I did find it educational, especially the way the mongoose used it's tail to distract the cobra or stop it from striking.

:p

Hix

It is funny at the end of the clip the guy is saying, "oh OK stop there, stop there" when the mongoose has fastened onto the cobra, it is not like WWF when he is just faking a fight :lol:

Go Mongoose!

They should put people like that up against a big salty in a big glass tank and see how they defend them selfs!!! Now that would be educational :twisted:

Would like to see how the mongoose would go against a snake that has the capabilities of striking in any direction as opposed to a cobra that can only strike downwards.

JandC_Reptiles said:
Would like to see how the mongoose would go against a snake that has the capabilities of striking in any direction as opposed to a cobra that can only strike downwards.

that could be interesting

The problem is in some forein countrys the $ is more respected than there native fauna.Us as foriners that visit these countrys pay money to see these animals in a display such as this,get our photos with them and therefor allowing this cruelty to take place.Us as foriners pay money for these animals to be taken from the wild and treated like this,and even put in our own greedy collection.
If we go to such countrys and say no to seeing such things and being displayed with these animals than it may slow down,but unfortunatly some ppl are not educated enough.
No they should not have any of these animals but they do not have strong laws there to stop this from happening.
Rennie thats right how can they say that these animals were not hurt ..... :x what bulls**t

Re: RE: Should these people be allowed to keep snakes?

Who needs education like that!? Education should not be at the expense of living creatures. This is sick entertainment-pure and simple. How can you even try to pass this off as educational Hix?

Hix said:
I've said it before - different cultures have different values. I don't particularly like it either, but I did find it educational, especially the way the mongoose used it's tail to distract the cobra or stop it from striking.

:p

Hix

RE: Re: RE: Should these people be allowed to keep snakes?

I was going to say the same thing but did not want confrontation.
I my self did not see education or amusment I just felt incredibly ill
The other thing is Hix is that you said quote-different cutures have different values.I dont think culture comes into it.
But you are intitiled to your opinion and I think it should be left at that. :)

im not even going to say anything that movie disturbs me.... and hows there form they threw the cobra neally on top of the mongoose thats why he got him........

I saw another movie last night but i won't post it as it is VERY cruel

I think this post should be droped all together

Why is that?
Pretending it dosen't exist isn't going to help!

Lurk said:
The problem is in some forein countrys the $ is more respected than there native fauna.

Is any country in the world not like that? Off the top of my head, I can't think of one.

I know its not nice to see idiots doing idiotic things to animals but it may just show someone who has done the same in the past wake up to themselves.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Should these people be allowed to keep snake

leptir said:
Why is that?
Pretending it dosen't exist isn't going to help!

Sorry for returning the reply so late but I said that not to ignore it and pretened.The reason is because I assume it was a tourist that went to that country and filmed that show then decided to put it on a web site for others to see and that is just not something I would like to see,but I am aware it is happening as you may have noticed in my previous posts.

Cheers Lurk :D

Sdaji said:
Lurk said:
The problem is in some forein countrys the $ is more respected than there native fauna.

Is any country in the world not like that? Off the top of my head, I can't think of one.

I did not mean that in a harsh way at all and I am aware that all countrys have to take responsibility for the damage they do.
I was pointing out that in alot of countrys the ppl need money and this is one of the ways they make it by exploting some animals.Such as the Sun bear,Urangotang and did you know that Limas have a familly of up to 7 and pochers have to kill the whole group to get to the baby,thats if it lives after falling out of the tree.
I am saying that in some places it is harsher thats all and it is unfortunate that there is nothing we can do.

Lurk :)

reminds me of this show i saw on animal planet. some place in japan put a defanged viper of some sort(they ripped out its fangs before the fight) in with a mongoose for show.

just disturbing, how can i respect some one who has no respect for something like a snake or a mongoose?

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back