Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WA BHP.
Third clutch for this girl now.
Total egg mass - 1.35kg
Can't wait till these little monsters start hatching!

Attachments

• 27092013635.jpg
    27092013635.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 27092013630.jpg
    27092013630.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 27092013626.jpg
    27092013626.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 134
T & Cement, congratulations.

Cement, that egg in the bottom left of the shot is a monster! Is it just the photo or does the shell look a bit sketchy on that one?

Aaron

I think it has just been layed by the looks of it so will look like the others in half and hour or so.

Well done guys.

Last edited:
Is everyone doing egg over water incubation wise ? Anyone know where I can get some grate material ? Can't wait to see some eggs, what's the best way to tell that there comin very soon ?

T & Cement, congratulations.

Cement, that egg in the bottom left of the shot is a monster! Is it just the photo or does the shell look a bit sketchy on that one?

Aaron

Spot on Rob,
Slide- It takes around half an hr to lay an egg, so 10 eggs is 5hrs of egg laying. I don't keep the papertowel in there either, its just to stop them rolling while I shell them over a heat source. The last egg laid is the bottom left, was 155gms, and the biggest. They come out like jelly, but need contact with the air to shell so I wait till they shell before I put them in the humid incubator. To be honest I haven't bothered candling them, they all look good to me, so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Is everyone doing egg over water incubation wise ? Anyone know where I can get some grate material ? Can't wait to see some eggs, what's the best way to tell that there comin very soon ?

The first 2 clutches this girl laid, she was showing signs of labour 24 hrs or so before laying. By signs, I mean she was constantly on the move, trying to dig down through the floor of the enclosure, writhing in a ball. I rested her last year, this year she didn't do that. But she did get mobile and cruise around the enclosure a lot. you can tell they are looking for a site to lay. She was due to lay on the 1st oct, but went yesterday the 28th. If your girl is gravid then after about 24-25 days after pre lay shed, I would be checking her every chance you get.

Some of the project bhps here ,eggs were layed over a month ago doing well ,will be good to see what the second generations are like.

...I wait till they shell before I put them in the humid incubator. To be honest I haven't bothered candling them, they all look good to me, so far.
Thats great that it looks the goods. All the best for the incubation.
Aaron

Beautiful pinstripe bhp there Bryce, awesome colour. Is that the true colour?
You say loved as in past tense, do you no longer have him?

Aaron

Some of the hatchlings ,light one was on of first to hatch and the two in hand were the last.

Last edited:
Hi T thank,yeh there was a few like that one, all have some yellow so not axanthic but they have allot of pigmentation loss which is what ime after. Some hatchys are going into shed but i took some pics to give an idea.

Hi T thank,yeh there was a few like that one, all have some yellow so not axanthic but they have allot of pigmentation loss which is what ime after. Some hatchys are going into shed but i took some pics to give an idea.
Looks like some nice additions to a great project ;)

Looks like some nice additions to a great project ;)

Had four of eight shed for first time today T ,they all have the pinky white underneath with the vent pink. There was 9 eggs in the clutch but one strangled it self with umbilical chord so have just the eight.

Sexy Angus

Putting on some Good Size

Angus_zps82c1ef13.jpg

i love him

Back