Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Dougie
Swing past the albums in my profile and start from the first pic......it will give you an idea of the order it was built (with comments written on each pic).
Also have a look at this thread as Lenny asked the same question. They are not spectacular tips, but they will give you some good ideas.
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps/new-enclosure-pics-online-107090

I also posted a thread about Jan/Feb 09 asking for any help and got some great replies (and webpage links) from other members - they proved useful in the building of it.

Good luck if you are building one!! It was fun doing it!!! Hope you get the same enjoyment :)

Attachments

• 15 - BED TIME.jpg
    15 - BED TIME.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 83
Lewy, you going to pop up and hammer every thread that someone says they like my coffee table in? I think we had a discussion about this last night. Why don't you link them instead of being a peanut in every thread? I don't have the patience to argue in every thread.

On that note, here's another one for all you haters.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps/new-custom-enclosure-ive-built-107446

Peace!

It's actually an Irian Jaya in there. She's usually asleep in her box during the day but I guess she wanted some place cooler to chill out, like the cool side of the table.

Lewy, you going to pop up and hammer every thread that someone says they like my coffee table in? I think we had a discussion about this last night. Why don't you link them instead of being a peanut in every thread? I don't have the patience to argue in every thread.

On that note, here's another one for all you haters.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps/new-custom-enclosure-ive-built-107446

Peace!

It's actually an Irian Jaya in there. She's usually asleep in her box during the day but I guess she wanted some place cooler to chill out, like the cool side of the table.

LOL what ever mate like I care

I never said I dident like them, Just there no good for snakes

Lssah, I love what you have done with your enclosure. It looks so good. It makes me want to try to make one too. I don't think I could be as talented as you are though, that really deserves a prize! Well done!!!

Thanks "CC"......but seriously, it is not that hard!!!!
I have no decent woodworking skills - it was all trial and error, a bit of forward planning and a lot of imagination!!!
I vote that u should try and make your own - look for a decent prebuilt display cabinet at a second hand store and go from there!!! U can do it :)

Thanks mate, I will try. I am looking for a buffet. My next snake will be a BHP or a Woma, so I don't need the height so much.
How many hours or how many weeks did it take you to complete?

CC (Sorry, dont know ur name!) - If u look at the pics in my album you will see what the display cabinet ORIGINALLY looked like. I think that those corner piece cabinets would look great but couldn't find one. The other alternative would be a large TV cabinet (those huge ones that hold a 68cm CRT tellie). They are easy to find as flat screens are the preferred TV now. They will be ideal if u don't need the height. I looked at a few and considered them, but wanted the height so settled on what I got.
It took a few months to build, but that was in between working etc......maybe a few hours a day. It is hard to say really.

Funny you mention that really, because I happen to have a corner tv unit in pine sitting in my other house in the formal lounge, not being used at all. It would be perfect!! It once housed a 68cm tv but now sits there doing nothing. It might become a viv now.

hahahahhaha
aren't you lucky you posted on this forum then? LOL
I did see some wicked TV cabinet that would have suited (again, except for height!!).

Can u email some pics of the TV stand - will give u some ideas

my 2 storey ackie house :)
21022009254.jpg

21022009255.jpg

bottom
21022009256.jpg

water dragons
21022009257.jpg

beardie
16022009233.jpg

outdoor diamond its been changes quite a bit since, got bark substrate, more leaves and perspex type stuff to keep the draughts out and a big water bowl :)
18012009182.jpg

I will get some pics as soon as I can. The tv unit is at my other house, but I will get onto it soon. I am thinking about selling that house anyway, so it will have to come down here anyway.
Lea

This was an old enclosure I converted and made a fake wall in, I keep a little lace monitor in there. (all thoughs vents are blocked off).
53e0532d.jpg
2eaee42a.jpg
018b7952.jpg
e252d306.jpg

In the process of giving my maccies enclosures a makeover. This is the girls so far. Still need to put the background in and take out the fluro batton and she needs a nice water dish.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg