Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re Show

Pic i took a few days back of the female on the branch in her enclosure.

very nice zulu

Thanks mate,ile find some baby pics of that one if i can.

Found some of when it was shedding early 2009,shes 5.5 ft TL now and that shows how fast these things can grow under the right conditions.

That's crazy elfwing I have sarong type looking one that's 2 years old and has only just started getting blue on it's face I think it will take years befor it eventually gets all it's blue markings

Very nice zulu have you got a mate for her

Ive got a mature male,it bonked the crap out of it early last month. Hes an extremely green looking GTP. I took some pics for you and other chondro lovers.

Yes Igotje it has been some time in the making of these changes. Looking at crossing him with an Irian jaya carpet in about 3 months time. Very few gtp's in Malaysia so it's been a long stubble to find him a suitable female, let's hope for some love and luck. Looking at expanding into white lip pythons and more gtp's when they pop up. Maybe even diamonds but they will come from USA. I miss Aussie snakes :-(

haha elfwing u should move to aus for a year or soo just so u can get your aussie snake fix lol i love the white lip pythons there gorgeous can u guys order gtps from the usa?

re Show

Mines changing colour into a blue yellow,sucking up plenty of heat now,few pics from last two weeks,the bluish one is today.

tn__3317495.jpg

tn__3297467.jpg

tn__4077533.jpg

Looks like it's in the glaucous stage of pre-slough Colin. Is this the big (5' 6") that you got off Jamie?
If so, she may be going to breed for you this season (for the first time?).

Hi Bushman,yeh thats the one from Jamie Stuart (pythoninfinite).It does appear pre slough,stays where the top of some of the coils are 34 and 33c,the parts of it that are full of ova or eggs are at 31c when measured with the raytek thermogun.
Its the first breeding for this female.

It's a beaut specimen, that's for sure. You did well to get it from Jamie. The one that got away!
Has she been mated already? It's unusually early for greens to mate isn't it?

It's a beaut specimen, that's for sure. You did well to get it from Jamie. The one that got away!
Has she been mated already? It's unusually early for greens to mate isn't it?

Jamie has plenty of good greens,he just keeps them under cover a bit.I trialed the pair out early february and they mated straight off so i let them go for it,by march the male just was not interested any more in her or another female he was placed with.
During march the behaviour of the female changed,she had her last feed on a weaner rat 12th march. By behavioural change besides going off of food i mean she became investigative of her surroundings and curious of movement outside her enclosure. Also she looked to be seeking more heat so i provided it.
Anyway ile see how she goes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back