Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan, it'll be interesting to see if she reverts to green. Some do, some don't.

Young Aussie female, took this picture a week or so ago.

Attachments

• dog+reptiles 003.jpg
    dog+reptiles 003.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 93
Getting bigger, was hatched 28 december, weighs 200 g

Ryan, it'll be interesting to see if she reverts to green. Some do, some don't.

Hi michael after last years clutch she never went back to her normal colourings. She kept a fair bit of blue on her belly and her overall appearance was duller than she was before being bred.
I really do hope she keeps the steely look she has become this season as she looks unreal.

Last edited:
No mate i wouldn't even know how to use it. She is in a hormonal colour shift and gravid.

This her normally before being bred.
wow thats awesome , so much to learn , does it happen with all gtps or only certain types

Hi thomassssss, Most female gtps will go though some form of a hormonal colour shift.
Some will even keep the colours instead of going back to there original colour.
Also the more clutches a female has the more she will change etc.
All types of gtps have some form of a hormonal colour shift.

thats really cool , i didn't know they did that and such a shift in colour not just some minor flecks , this is why i kinda like the fact that i have to wait a few years for one in nsw , that way ive got plenty of time to learn more about them getting that book the complete chondro soon i gather that would have more about this sort of stuff in it ?

thats really cool , i didn't know they did that and such a shift in colour not just some minor flecks , this is why i kinda like the fact that i have to wait a few years for one in nsw , that way ive got plenty of time to learn more about them getting that book the complete chondro soon i gather that would have more about this sort of stuff in it ?
Hi Thomasssss,
This is a female of mine that actually turned blue from coluor change before being introduced to a male. According to the experts that's still hormonal. Its her hormones preparing for breeding. Something i wasn't aware of. They are truly amazing animals and we all have so much to learn from them.

Attachments

• 20120517_183517.jpg
    20120517_183517.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_9510-2.jpg
    IMG_9510-2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 149
Fantastic blue colouration Willo, what's her background - is she an Aussie or other line animal?

Hi Thomasssss,
This is a female of mine that actually turned blue from coluor change before being introduced to a male. According to the experts that's still hormonal. Its her hormones preparing for breeding. Something i wasn't aware of. They are truly amazing animals and we all have so much to learn from them.

WOW! beautiful! :D

cheers willo , i have seen pics of blue gtps on google but wasn't sure if they were photoshoped or some random overseas morph i never really looked into it , cant wait until i can get my own , i think im just going to forget about getting anymore snakes until i can get one of these , im also interested in if its a native or one of the others ? (sorry dont really know all their names yet):)

No probs mate, No its not an aussie, Good to see you doing your research before getting your first GTP.
Setup in the proper conditions with an understanding of them and there not a difficult species to keep.
Greg Maxwell's book is an excellent read mate you'll love it.

is that book the complete chondro , if so thats the one im planning on getting , sorta forced to do research on them as im in nsw and cant get on until im on a c2 :), so plenty of time to learn more about them, there such awesome snakes , what type is it if you dont mind me asking , cheers thomas

Very nice female willo i love a nice blue girl.

Here is one of mine blue girls, this girl has remained blue though out the years i have owned her and a pic of what she looked like before hand.

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 98
  • P1000673.jpg
    P1000673.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 88
Show me another snake species that undergoes such incredible tricolor process. In 3 years (or so) they go from yellow/red hatchlings to bright green sub-adults and then you can have a blue female after a clutch or two. Can't beat the GTPs!

Wow, love watching this thread. Looks like I will have to get my mits on a native or two this season!

Very nice female willo i love a nice blue girl.

Here is one of mine blue girls, this girl has remained blue though out the years i have owned her and a pic of what she looked like before hand.
Shes a cracker mate. Did she change after her first clutch or was she older?

Hey mate she changed after her 2 second clutch to a nice blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back