Sick beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebuster

Reaction score
Hello all,

My beardie is seeming rather inactive, it isn't eating much, is it shedding?:? Its basking rock heats up to 45c+.8) The cool end is about 25c or something like that. I handled him this morning, then put him under his red spot globe. Now he's taken to hiding in his vine!! His skin is a rather dark in some parts, especially the legs up to the knees. Its very yellow and bright in other parts though.:) Could he have gotten MBD? [ Metallic Bone Disease ] He doesn't have a UVB tube yet, I got one off Ebay a week ago, it might arrive today. He's been without UVB for about 1.5 weeks. [ The guy I got him off was keeping him on UVB though. ]

Thanks for your answers,;)
Thomas.

have you been taking him outside at all since you have had him?...he needs the light but as you said its on its way ,you should be taking him outside to get as much light as possible untill the globe turns up ..in all honesty though you really shouldve had your light before you got your beardie

have you been taking him outside at all since you have had him?...he needs the light but as you said its on its way ,you should be taking him outside to get as much light as possible untill the globe turns up ..in all honesty though you really shouldve had your light before you got your beardie

No, I haven't been taking him outside at all, it's been rather chilly here in Melbourne.:( I know, I should have been a bit more organized. Oh well, the tubes still coming.:) What I want to know is, has he got MBD?:shock:

regardless of weather you NEED to take him OUTSIDE he needs the light badly ..he will get sicker if you do not get him the light ..take him out to get light ,sit in the back yard and watch him but he needs to get light ...today start

I have a little beardie boy. He doesn't eat heaps, actually never see him eat at all, but he's pooping a bit. Has access to salad/vegies all the time and crickets. He sits in his tree at the cooler end most of the time. Basking temp is low 40's and only see him down that end very rarely. I spray the little man last night and he drank a lot of the water off his head. But other than that sounds the same as yours. Mine has UV during daylight hours. I've had mine for over a month now, but I think he's just shy.

As long as they are eating, drinking and pooping and getting their calcium etc they should be fine. Once your UV tube comes you may see improvement. But spend some time outside, UV is still there on cooler days. But wait and see how everything goes when the UV tube gets there first before worrying anymore.

Ok, now my beardie just disappeared down a crack in the house.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I'll never, ever get him back. I look forward to getting a beardie for so long, I finally get one, only to keep it for a week, because I take it outside, and it zips into the basement.:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Might get its proper care now. If you have an animal that requires UV make sure you have the UV Lighting before obtaining the animal.

Let this be a lesson to you in the future.

Hope it does come back eventually.

Ok, now my beardie just disappeared down a crack in the house.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I'll never, ever get him back. I look forward to getting a beardie for so long, I finally get one, only to keep it for a week, because I take it outside, and it zips into the basement.:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

so hes in the basement??? go look for him...

and you cant get in there at all???

even if its a crawl space... id be getting in there with a touch and looking...

If you have a net or something similar, take it with you. Probably the safest (for the beardie) and easiest way to get close without scaring him off.

Good luck.

Oh maybe even take a tub of crickets with you. He may come to see what's inside.

im sorry this really made me laugh
she toke someones advice and lost her bearded dragon
bahaha

well you have to admit
they came on here for advice
then toke someones advice
and ended up losing there bearded dragon
kinda ironic

well you have to admit
they came on here for advice
then toke someones advice
and ended up losing there bearded dragon