Sick beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way Thomas, if you find your beardie you might like to buy a book called "The Bearded Dragon Manual". You can get it on ebay for $30.00 inc. postage. It has lots of information and it might be good for your parents to read.

To be honest, when I first read redbelly's advice I thought it might not be clear to a ten year old that the beardie should be in a tub of some sort but it was too late.

And it never occured to you to say something till now? Are you just doing the pointing out thing that you predicted what would happen, and yet are still pointing the finger at redbellybite??

Ohhhhhhhh :( :( :(

I feel so terrible for the poor kid!!! I certainly don't think he was being stupid, I did WAY sillier things at 10!!

He was trying to do the best for his beardie - and if you've never seen them run, it's hard to imagine them moving so fast!!

If I had babies I would definately donate one, I think the OP has shown on this forum that he is a keen and enthusiastic young herper, always asking questions.

OP - can you leave a heatlamp out near the gap? And maybe some crickets? And keep watching??

And it never occured to you to say something till now? Are you just doing the pointing out thing that you predicted what would happen, and yet are still pointing the finger at redbellybite??

I didn't point it out til now because I only read this thread for the first time a few minutes before I posted my observation. And no I'm not pointing a finger at anyone except maybe Thomas' parents who should have been more organised in getting things set up correctly.

Not a fan of those high temps

agree'd.

And No the situation isn't funny because the poor beardie will either starve, shut down from cold or be eaten.

Yes he was advised to take the beardie outside but some common sense is necessary here.
They jump, they climb so obviously they need to be in deep plastic tubs or something similar when taking them outside.

Go look for your beardie. It's very unfortunate but maybe this will teach you to be on your toes a bit more.

If you find it, put it back in it's tank with a maximum of 40 degrees basking spot, give it some live crickets in a BIG plastic tub in it's enclosure, let it run around and eat what it wants, leave it be.

As hatchy's they don't want to be handled nonstop.
The important thing is that he/she is eating, defecating, has good temps and has access to water, and a UV source.

I agree that parents need to take more responsibility if they are going to let their ten year old child have an animal.

and last of all i don't think anybody should donate a beardie. You sound like you need to do some more research before you get another one. It's a shame but it's still the owners/parents fault, and if they want to take on that responsibility again they should be willing to pay for the pet AND the equipment. Giving him one sounds a bit like rewarding stupidity to me.
I'm happy to help with any beardie questions you might have.

Last edited:
end of the day he is only ten , mate where do you live there is two clutches of bearded dragons in my incubater as we speak 40 in total your welcome to one just give me a buzz 0448073144

poor kid asked for advice got it and then was condemned over doing what was recommended give him a break ,he is 10 , and what is done cannot be undone. kupper that is wonderful to offer him a beardie i am sure you have bought a smile to his face

end of the day he is only ten , mate where do you live there is two clutches of bearded dragons in my incubater as we speak 40 in total your welcome to one just give me a buzz 0448073144
good on you Kupper ...just do one more favour would you be able to make a care sheet that a 10 year old little boy can easily follow please ;)

Thats so nice of you if i had any i would give him one

good on you

yeah the proviso is that i set the tank up for him and that the equiptment is right , not your fault redbelly you where not to know that your directions would be taken so liberaly

dude that must suck, and how come u get to ditch school? hope you find your beardie, I would hate it if it was me. good luck:D

Will

even better service kupper helping the young fella out nothing like a good deed.
that is right it is no ones fault in any way

ohhh the poor thing... i sure hope you find him young man... i have a 10 year old girl (turning 18) sighs.... and the heart ache she would endure if she were to loose a pet would be devestating.
Definately no ones fault and definately nothing to laugh at.
could you somehow take the enclosure with heat and crickets to where you lost him? he may just come out?
goodluck

yeah the proviso is that i set the tank up for him and that the equiptment is right , not your fault redbelly you where not to know that your directions would be taken so liberaly
kupper when it all boils down to it ..your a decent bloke ..onya mate glad we still have a few out there that can see it was a genuine mistake and the poor little bugger must be heart broken ..have you heard from him ? lets us know the outcome ,and thanks for steping up to the plate and helping this kid out ;)

No reply from him yet if he was quick there was a good chance he found it , see how we go

Thanks to all you guys for your concerns and encouragment and offers (Kupper) :eek:) I didnt find him unfortunately. Ive been to my uncles overnight and had another look. No luck. In my parents defense though, they did advise me to put him in a tub, and I forgot. I have learnt my lesson from this though. I certainly wont be doing that again. And guess what....the uv light I ordered online, finally came.....a day too late!!!!

AWWWW that brought a tear to my eye, go Kupper!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back