Sick beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that sucks....
Still though, maybe his 'vacation' might be good for him, better than finding something getting sicker and sicker and dying.
I hope you find him, and hope his little adrenaline rush might make him come round in the end.
Perhaps someone needs to invent reptile leads for walking....

Already available ;) :lol:

Hope you find him snakebuster.

Wow that sucks....
Still though, maybe his 'vacation' might be good for him, better than finding something getting sicker and sicker and dying.
I hope you find him, and hope his little adrenaline rush might make him come round in the end.
Perhaps someone needs to invent reptile leads for walking....

Really Dave94? Wow there you go, learnt something today...
ANd Tozzary, yeah it is kinda funny and ironic and whatnot, but i gotta think how crushed i would be if that happened to me.... I would imagine the poor kid is devastated.

http://www.nextag.com/T-Rex-Reptile-Comfort-87027226/prices-html?nxtg=7d3c0a1c0520-8170B88BD570FBAE

And yes I bet he is, he was so excited about it when he was talking to me, and I can't believe that person is laughing at it...

Really Dave94? Wow there you go, learnt something today...
ANd Tozzary, yeah it is kinda funny and ironic and whatnot, but i gotta think how crushed i would be if that happened to me.... I would imagine the poor kid is devastated.

I spose next time we may need to be a bit clearer on advice given. In this case: hold your bearded dragon out in the sun and do not let go, or use a non glass enclosure it can't escape out of to sun in.

I

I spose next time we may need to be a bit clearer on advice given. In this case: hold your bearded dragon out in the sun and do not let go, or use a non glass enclosure it can't escape out of to sun in.

I

Agreed i don't think that rebbelly or whoever gave the advice on taking it outside meant put it on the grass and let it roam. Most ppl should know how quick beardies are, especially juvies ..

It's realy bad luck in my books but a bit of common sense should of prevailed.

Def not funny though. laughing at someone losing their pet thinking they were doing the right this is plain harsh ....

and ... sorry i'll hop off my soapbox now ...

dude ... dude ... wishing that someone would lose their pet or thinking that it's a good thing that it happened just because they haven't got their setup right is also way harsh ... i know people that have kept beardies a lot longer than a week and a half with a fluoro (uv)

well my apologises for thinking it was ironic.
just attack me thats cool.
i never wished nor did i think it was good that he lost it.
i was being honest.
cause thats who i am
i tell it like it is.
my bad for being myself

It wasn't the ironic comment it was the

im sorry this really made me laugh
she toke someones advice and lost her bearded dragon
bahaha

comment

understandable but that was my honest opinion of what i read.
it made me laugh cause yes this poor child came on her for advice to help the beardie and the advice given just caused them to lose their pet yes its a shame.

but when i first read it i laughed
sorry if i like offended anyone but thats honestly how i saw it.

:oops:Well it was me I told him to take him outside ,but I also thought he would have known to have it in a tub that he couldnt get out of ,I did say watch it ,but more for whilst in the non escape tub that the chances of a bird would minimise by him being close by ..snake buster I am sorry that you lost your little fella and I FEEL bad ...if you find this one or get another one PLEASE ask mum and dad to get you a big 55litre tub and get dad to make you a wire mesh top ,so that way when you do take him outside ,he gets the sunlight which is very good for him but he cant escape ...all the best buddy in finding him or if you get another one ...I feel like a balloon popper at a party:(

Okay Tozzay so what should have been done? The Beardie was suffering from a lack of UV and the OP didnt have any UV Lighting to rectify the problem.

Should rbb have maybe told the OP to grab the Beardie, walk slowly to the back door, open the back door, proceed outside, close the back door, walk to a sunny spot in the yard and place the Beardie in an escape proof container. Then continue to watch and monitor the Beardie for a while ensuring not to loose sight of him. Then do the reverse all over again? I dont think so, dont understand why you were taking a stab at rbb's advice.

Point is, rbb advised the OP to let the Beardie bask outside for a while. Whether it be due to the OP's idiocy or just plain and simple bad luck there is no amusement behind the Beardie getting lost.

Plain and simple you were making fun of rbb and a 10 year old. If that is your personality and you were simply "being yourself" then you really should be ashamed.

agree....

really common sense people ... :shock:

i feel sorry for the person who lost their reptile but seriously ...

most ppl that have done some research should know that you put any aged beardie down outside at your own risk ... rbb shouldn't of had to of explained in that much detail that an escape proof tub should of been needed etc etc ..

rbb don't feel bad .. totally not your fault

Okay Tozzay so what should have been done? The Beardie was suffering from a lack of UV and the OP didnt have any UV Lighting to rectify the problem.

Should rbb have maybe told the OP to grab the Beardie, walk slowly to the back door, open the back door, proceed outside, close the back door, walk to a sunny spot in the yard and place the Beardie in an escape proof container. Then continue to watch and monitor the Beardie for a while ensuring not to loose sight of him. Then do the reverse all over again? I dont think so, dont understand why you were taking a stab at rbb's advice.

Point is, rbb advised the OP to let the Beardie bask outside for a while. Whether it be due to the OP's idiocy or just plain and simple bad luck there is no amusement behind the Beardie getting lost.

Plain and simple you were making fun of rbb and a 10 year old. If that is your personality and you were simply "being yourself" then you really should be ashamed.

+1

totally agree.... hope he finds it.

Sorry but i also gotta laugh at the level of stupidity shown by the OP, it's like taking a bird outside and expecting it not to fly away.

He is 10..

Sorry but i also gotta laugh at the level of stupidity shown by the OP, it's like taking a bird outside and expecting it not to fly away.

look if this person was older yes it would be ironically funny not that the matter of losing your pet is funny ..but reading the thread is comical he ask i tell he says ok i say good and then bang he lost his pet i feel like :shock:,,,but he is only a little boy and he obviously didnt understand what I meant when I said take him outside so please if you find it funny keep this one to yourself ,I can take the ribs about making a little boy lose his dragon but he might not cope as well

Someone should donate him another one... If i had beardies i would, and im a heartless witch.....

regardless of weather you NEED to take him OUTSIDE he needs the light badly ..he will get sicker if you do not get him the light ..take him out to get light ,sit in the back yard and watch him but he needs to get light ...today start

To be honest, when I first read redbelly's advice I thought it might not be clear to a ten year old that the beardie should be in a tub of some sort but it was too late.

Khagan, the kid is not stupid. I would say the parents should have been the ones doing some research on the requirements for a healthy lizard.

It may be too late now but I doubt that a week and a half without UV would have caused any long term problems.
Maybe the beardie was just settling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back