smoke inhalation in corn snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao, you really have no idea what you are talking about do you..? I think it's time for bed mate

For some strange reason I find this very interesting

How many of the people condemning all exotics own or have on their wish list a Jag??

Lmao, you really have no idea what you are talking about do you..? I think it's time for bed mate

Explain to me what's wrong with me having an opinion? I'll come and tuck you in as many times as necessary, until you're mature enough to respect others :)

I want to make it clear that I am speaking of a controlled situation, where the said exotic was cared for responsibly and posed no threat to native animals. Is it really an issue? Bandwagons always got room guys, but think about it.

Your views are all over the shop,..re read your responses and then tell me they are coherent. You don't know about this or no about that (in your words) but will take a stand and protect a possible damaging creature to our eco system. I agree with Sam.

In the scenario I provided, it's not possibly damaging.

All I said was, IF the snake is here and being cared for properly, why should it be allowed to suffer if it was sick. I never said they should be here.

Typical forum mentality. It was a hypothetical.

Explain to me what's wrong with me having an opinion? I'll come and tuck you in as many times as necessary, until you're mature enough to respect others :)

What is that even supposed to mean? Coming from someone who I was giving advice to just the other day regarding heating for their pet python(s), you are saying I'm immature enough to respect others? Good one mate...

The responses you have posted on this thread and a few others show your inexperience (no offence) regarding reptiles and Australian fauna alike, so my advice to you would just be to either sit back and read what others have to say and learn OR say what you want to say but if you get pulled up on your answer by more than 1 user in regards to it being correct or not, take in what they have to say and remember it for next time...

I'm with kawasakirider on this one... I'm not suggesting that members break site rules in any way, but the self-righteous responses from some members here are a pretty dismal response to a request for help. There are far more urgent and important issues facing our native herpetofauna than a few cornsnakes here and there

Get over yourselves and look at the bigger picture... it's all about habitat...habitat...habitat...

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an improvised heat cord issue. It was a brewers keg warmer that I foolishly thought would be just like a regular heat cord. I had it sandwiched between two pieces of lacquered timber. Anyway it got too hot. I opened the enclosure one night and got a wiff of hot timber, the smoke made my eyes burn!! I took the snake (which is a Bredli... not an exotic lol!) and put him in a tub until the smoke cleared. Then observed him. He has shown no ill effect, but I wouldn't chance doing it again, only low wattage heat cords now!! The timber had bubbly lacquer and scorch marks, don't think it would have been too much longer to combustion point!!

I want to make it clear that I am speaking of a controlled situation, where the said exotic was cared for responsibly and posed no threat to native animals. Is it really an issue? Bandwagons always got room guys, but think about it.

ok, dude you need to just go over the forum rules i think.

Forum Rules
General Site Rules

15 No member may make a post, thread or visitor message that encourages others to break any law, or promotes illegal activity (for example, keeping without a licence, illegally taking animals from the wild, smuggling, wiring your own cages, feeding live rodents or freezing live rodents)

ok. now get off your moral high horse and stick to this!!!!!

What is that even supposed to mean? Coming from someone who I was giving advice to just the other day regarding heating for their pet python(s), you are saying I'm immature enough to respect others? Good one mate...

The responses you have posted on this thread and a few others show your inexperience (no offence) regarding reptiles and Australian fauna alike, so my advice to you would just be to either sit back and read what others have to say and learn OR say what you want to say but if you get pulled up on your answer by more than 1 user in regards to it being correct or not, take in what they have to say and remember it for next time...

Well said. I think he is trying to set a record for quickest 1000 posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't there a rule about posting off topic posts too?
We have ascertained that the corn in question is kept legally in another country... I think we can all move on.....

The pack mentality on this site is disgusting. I don't care about my post count, make my counter 0 for all I care.

Any news on the legal corn in the UK?

The pack mentality on this site is disgusting.

Agreed... beware when the self-righteous smell blood... they must be damned disappointed that it turned out OK for the enquirer, and they miss out on the opportunity for a public execution...

J

Krider... I don't think it's a pack mentality, I think people are just trying to get you to acknowledge that we are not allowed to condone people keeping exotics in Aus. I think the fact that you are arguing your point so hard when it clearly contravenes the site rules is what is driving a lot of people to disagree with you.

ok, dude you need to just go over the forum rules i think.

Forum Rules
General Site Rules

15 No member may make a post, thread or visitor message that encourages others to break any law, or promotes illegal activity (for example, keeping without a licence, illegally taking animals from the wild, smuggling, wiring your own cages, feeding live rodents or freezing live rodents)

ok. now get off your moral high horse and stick to this!!!!!

I never advocated keeping exotics at all, champion.

Well said. I think he is trying to set a record for quickest 1000 posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts like this are so constructive aren't they? My posts are general enquiries or opinions that have validity to the said topic. Just because you don't like it or agree doesn't give you the right to do what you're all doing.

If I was looking to boost my post count, I wouldn't write long posts, they'd be insignificant pieces of drivel, similar to what I just quoted you writing.

Krider... I don't think it's a pack mentality, I think people are just trying to get you to acknowledge that we are not allowed to condone people keeping exotics in Aus. I think the fact that you are arguing your point so hard when it clearly contravenes the site rules is what is driving a lot of people to disagree with you.

I'm not condoning keeping anything mate. I just said if someone came for help, shouldn't the help be given?

Last edited:
Poor (legal ) snakes is probaly dead now ;) and when you think about it arent we all exotic in this country .:D

Um, take it to a vet.

+1 and NOWish

Trent you seriously need to read threads before commenting. The owner is in England not here as you have assumed,...Imo if it's here it deserves the zero help. Not every living creature deserves care...if you are for saving animals no matter what,.. would you take an injured cane toad to the vet if you saw one? Come on.

lol Bag me all you want but if I saw any animal hurt, that wasnt already dead ....Id take it to the vet ... Ive taken rats to the vet and I was going to take my black moor the other day but found some people on here that were able to help ...

A vet will do blood test pretty sure to find out .....

Last edited:
I don't think you need to take it to a vet unless it is showing symptoms/distress. A blood test will tell you very little, unless there is substantial lung damage and then you would be more concerned of dissolved blood gases...

Google says you should look for these symptoms..... in dogs, but any of these, or any symptoms similar to these and head to the vet....

What to Watch For

Bright red mucous membranes (inside of lip and gums)
Dry, unproductive cough
Raspy breathing sounds
Wheezing
Increased respiratory rate
Increased effort of breathing
Irritation of the eyes
Discharge from the eyes or nose
Collapse
Unconsciousness
Respiratory distress
Respiratory or cardiac arrest

Status