Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonboy1212

Not so new Member
Reaction score
l was out herping on sunday and caught a red belly black snake.When l put the snake down it jumped around and almost tagged me on the leg has anythink like this ever happend to you.

No, because I'm too smart to pick up wild vens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasnt happened to me.......but i make a point of not catching red bellies!

I'm thinking Troll due to the fact that their previous posts have also included Ball Pythons and putting two hatchling Childreni in a 2ft enclosure.
Either that or Sax is right.

Why do you have to call them trolls. Trolls are cute. I use to collect trolls when I was little. You know those little figurines with the coloured hair that sticks up? I think I saw them on the latest Toy Story Movie. A train was full of trolls and Woodie tried to save them from going to their death over a broken bridge. He failed, but Buzz caught them and saved them all.

Yes I had to watch this 100 times over when I bought the DVD for my daughter. I know it well. :D

Why do you have to call them trolls. Trolls are cute. I use to collect trolls when I was little. You know those little figurines with the coloured hair that sticks up? I think I saw them on the latest Toy Story Movie. A train was full of trolls and Woodie tried to save them from going to their death over a broken bridge. He failed, but Buzz caught them and saved them all.

Yes I had to watch this 100 times over when I bought the DVD for my daughter. I know it well. :D

trolltroll.jpg

;)

Oh I had a troll doll with green hair many years ago. I have been catching venomous reptiles for over 8 years and never had one come back on me .

Pythonboy how old are you and do you intend on getting much older?

I've heard that a red belly bite, although not fatal, is excruciatingly painful. Boys don't like pain.

If your that incompentient at catching a relatively easy species of ven...why do it?. And to this day im yet to see a snake "jump around"

The likelihood of dieing from a snake bite is pretty low in Australia, chances are a tag wont result in the death of this young fella. Especially considering the RBB are considered to be one of the 'less dangerous' of the dangerous snakes. The OP has probably heard this, which could explain their actions.

The OP probably doesn't know that a RBB bite can cause excruciating pain, necrosis, altered senses and long term kidney problems. Altered sense... that sounds like a party drug right? Wrong! Your taste buds can get all effed in the ay which makes things like brushing your teeth, eating strong flavoured food and, worst of all, a distaste for alcoholic beverages! That combined with the afore mentioned renal issues makes enjoying a nice cold beer near impossible for a long time.

Yes i have seen snakes come back at me after releasing them. It is usually because they have to lose sight of you before they can get their whole body out of your sight, essentially being backed into a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back