Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koubee

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My son turns 6 this friday and i was going to attempt to make his cake......:rolleyes:
He is having a reptile themed party.....of course.
The cake i was hoping to make will be in the shape of a snake but i am a bit stumped as to how i'm going to do this.:oops:
Dose anyone have any idea how i could do this? (I'm sure some of you are crafty in the kitchen)

Thanks
Liz

Either bake a large block cake and cut it into a snake shape, bake a heap of cupcakes and form them into a snake shape and ice them or bake a normal shaped cake and ice a picture of a snake on the top.

Hmmm i think ive seen one made from a few of those doughnut shaped sponge forms?! cut it down the middle and slide half down to make s-bends. As for the head and the tail....dunno...maybe just need a little carving on some smaller squares of cake?

Or if you want something realy quick and easy, just make a plain cake and put lolly snakes, etc. all over it. Less exciting though.

Sorry Koubee I was stuck on the Ice Hockey Playoffs on Foxtel. Yeah you shouldnt have a problem, if you can get medium sized bread tins. that way they are long and lender rectangles. bake about 4 or 5 of them (depends how long you want your cake to be). for a base to cut your long cake on double up some cardboard then decorate with artificial grass, I have some spare at the house if you want to swing by and get some, I am off to drop off a snake today, but amanda is home if you want it. so when your cake pieces are finished, let cool obvioulsy and then at the ends cut the desired angle to form your slither pattern to the next block of cake. This will give it a uniform no gap pattern, then with sharp knife trim your corners at the top along the edge, to give the roundness to the body. The icing will fill any gaps. Now if you want a coiled snake, that is a bit more tidious but can be done. Oh yeah and not sure if you got the email reply but Amanda and I will be there for the party.

One Word - Chocolate Ripple Cake

This is by far the easist to make. A heap of Chocolate biscuits and even more cream.

STick them together and then you can put either food dye, sprinkles etc etc for markings.

Very easy, no stress and yummy as all hell.

DONT BAKE - WHIP ;)

LOL shamous, stop with simplicity and lets get back to the complicated world of coiled snake cakes......Ok I am really gone this time Koubee

Kids

Hi mate. There is nothing in life that is simple when you have kids. Every idiot here with kids knows that.:lol:

My kids made me this BHP cake for my Birthday this year. The black icing was a treat, it goes right through you literally! lol

Attachments

• bhp cake (600 x 400).jpg
    bhp cake (600 x 400).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 213
lol how cute....but i spotted a problem with it...there's only 3 candles. Did you hide the other 50-60? ;)

oh and is that a dingo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back