Snake removal??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayla

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Looking to find someone who removes snakes from yards in the Wollongong area??? This is not for me but a friend on Facebook posting they have a 'Black' snake in their yard. I just want to give them some options for removal so the poor thing doesnt get killed :(
From my understanding they have rung wires and the ranger t be told by them they will only relocate it back tot he reserve. Which these ppl don't want so I'm assuming it is on their kill list.

Any contacts in the Wollongong area for this would be great thanks :)

I'm sure they do. Unfortunately some ppl don't care. I've posted I will try and find someone to help so hopefully they won't harm the snake.

if they kill the snake just kill one of there cats or dogs if they have one and say sorry i was worried it will hurt me. black snakes don't really bite unless you pick it up or stir it up. if they google they will find it or like a rspca kind of place there will be some one if they try and if they kill it dob them in

Your local WIRES will send someone out but 9 times out of 10 the animal has moved on before anyone even gets there. Tell them to go inside and make a cuppa and by the time they come back out it will be gone.

How long has the snake been in their yard? Is it a regular visitor? If not it may just be passing through and very likely be gone tomorrow. We had one in the brickwork at the front of our house a couple of years ago hanging out in the sun, the next day it was gone and we've never seen it again.

And unless they have an abundance of mice around, even if the snake is relocated back into the reserve it is not likely it will come back to their yard.

The snake is not going to hang around if there is no food or water or places for it to hide (long grass, bush rock etc)

There must be a snake handler down your way, but some won't come out unless the snake is actually in a position to be caught (like trapped for example) they don't want to come out and look for a snake that has more than likely moved on. Like you can't call someone and say I saw a snake in my yard 2 days ago. From my experience they want you to literally watch the snake until they get there so they know where it is exactly.

Good luck finding someone and I hope your friends can understand how snakes work.

They have chickens, eggs and are saying some eggs have been missing for the week. I am new to reptiles myself but am guessing they would/could eat eggs?? Thanks for replying. I have had a look on google myself and only thing down our way that does come up under snake removal is wires.

Summer business in the Gong! Snake removal :p

I've never heard of a black snake eating a egg

How do you even know what the 'black' snake is? Im assuming the people who described it as a 'black' snake were more then likely just referring to its colouring, not specific species, it could be many things, maybe even a ven. & as for saying that someone should just kill there cat or dog.......2 wrongs dont make a right, & i would never recommend someone kill any living creature!

To the OP, i hope you are able to get someone out to move it before they do harm it, or better yet, hopefully by now its just moved on. Your friends should be aware though that if they live near bush & they have chooks, they are going to get more of these visitors, they are hungry & looking for a feed, they dont know the diff between someones pet & something wild unfortunately, but they still deserve to live.

exactly I'm so sick of hearing about people killing snakes I've had brown snakes in my rodent farm shed i just leave them and they leave once they know I've seen them

They managed t find someone to remove the snake, it was an RBB. Again though was said that it ate a freshly laid egg. Might have to google the eating eggs part. So happy ending for everyone.

I ignored the killing their cat/dog post. I love cats & dogs and could never harm an animal. Exactly Bel 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Thanks for all replys everyone :)

Give up on the egg story. Repeating it doesn't make it true. Snakes hang around poultry because of the high numbers of rodents and sometimes the possibility of chicks, not eggs.

There was that Carpet that swallowed 4 golf balls, not eggs but I'm sure the snake thought they were.

I have seen a EB eat a Chicken egg, I think if they have the smell of the chicken on it some snakes would eat eggs.

I regularly remove small Pythons from aviaries that have obviously eaten eggs, usually unable to squeeze back out of the cage. Once a Brown tree snake, but never seen it with any elapids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back