Snake sitter / carer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If i'm around julie, i'll gladly help out. I live in Bulli so i am only a 15 min drive away.

In Vic we have to sign them over then the other person has to hold them for 6 months before they are able to sign them back, this basically gives them ownership of sorts, IMO I think this is STUPID it is supposed to be about the welfare of the animal, we have no such thing as breeding loans here either, the only exception is if your vet will care for them whilst you are away as they are excempt from Licences but can be expensive.

This time of year is not bad though as most of us are starting to cool anyway so brumation is the ideal, or for those of us in Vic the only legal way.

Come on Julie, you know Tom would gladly look after them! hehe

...i would prefer them to still be alive when i come back! Besides i've heard him talk about your herps ...i don't think he's too fond of them :rolleyes: hehe

But seriously, if your free in Jan/Feb that would be great. Don't have any dates or anything yet, was just checking out my options. I'll ask again as the date gets closer :)

Thanks for all the interest guys :D
Its good to know there's so many people that want to help out (i guess no one's going to say no to free herps for a few weeks, hehe) ...I'll ask again as the date gets closer.

By the way, they're both extrememely placid snakes, one of them doesn't even bite his food, just slithers up and swallows it (whats with that?)

when i went away for a week i got my mum to stay here and watch my kids and my snakes so that they had water etc and no accidents wif electricity, even tho she has no licence she has learnt enuff about them to handle it and i was only a phone call away..anyway.. maybe u can get a live in sitter.. theres an idea.. just throwing it out there

If you care that much about your animals, and don't want them to get sick etc. Then why are you leaving the country.............................

You have got to be joking right? Was this serious? If so, iv'e got my flamer ready and i'm ready to burn! If not, carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back