Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hold my snake an my cat can wind between my feet and neither take any notice of the other. But I'm not about to put them in front of eachother. Once during feeding I took my eyes off Scurvy for a second, and he started making his way off the table. Watched veerrryyy closely by our cat. No harm done though, just gave the cat a shove and put snake back onto table

My wife has 2 cats and they love to lay on the bench in front of my olive enclosure so have had to ban them from the room as the olive was going to get brain damage trying to eat the cats striking the glass all the time.:)

7 cats. two hatchling pythons. one atherton, the other a coastal. we try to make sure the cat's don't see them. cause they're only young. but then when they're big it's the cat's we'll be worried about.

7 cats thats heaps... each to their own when it comes to disliking or liking cats especually about cats killing wildlife but they are not the only animals that kill other animals, I once knew a dog that killed anything that moved it could catch and when we had a snake near the house (lived in the country) if it noticed it there the dog would go it every time and occasionaly won when we werent there to break it up..

Cats would give most snakes a run for their money, those of you assuming your snake would 'always' win needs to be slapped with reality. Cats and dogs will give most snakes a good fight.

Not a fan of outdoor cats, but if you take precautions so that it doesn't leave your property then at least our wild animals won't go extinct.

yeh i know but i do what i can to reduce the damage cats do do to wildlife.

Don't let your cat out! In most places it is actually illegal to allow your cat out of your yard. (and dogs to for that matter).

Our neighbors put wire mesh (bird wire) around the top of their fence to keep their cat in after we complained about the number of dead birds in our yard. (We have planted our yard to make it bird friendly.) Of course a number of visits from the ranger, the threat of fines etc. did help persuade them.

i breed cats and snakes, both are genecically fasinating however the two should not be socialized together. both animals are hunters and cats unlike snakes hunt for pleasure. i have not noticed behaveral difference due to sent or phermones . I keep my snakes in a separate building and the cats live in the house and cattery. over the years the cats have been observed playing with gecko,s skinks unfortunitally reptiles do enter the house and catteries. I have had a cat and tristus fighting ,a bucket of water was used to separate, both animales were ok Also the cats tend to play with snakes , stimies and bredils are been saved from playfull cats CATS SHOULD BE KEPT INSIDE OR IN ENCLOSURES finally still born kittens do make good snake food ,perhaps if cat hatters and people who are scared of snakes took the time to uderstand ,our captive animals THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE I have kept reptiles for 30 years and cats for 14 years

My BHP's actually love kittens. . . . .

The female likes 2 at a time & the male likes 3 & comes back for more.

My brother inlaw got his second snake not long ago ,left it in his room with his cat , the first day it knocked the cage off the table and the snake escaped , but was luckily found unharmed .............the very next day he went out and the cat did the same thing this time time he had taped the click clack shut , but the cat got it opened and killed the snake ........
keep cats away from snakes they will instinctively kill animals including snakes , no matter how tame your cat may be , if cornered it will kill your snakes .
Not worth the risk , only take second and its dead .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back